Replica Tron (1982) stunt and hero discs

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Both made with what I believe are the correct vintage frisbees.

Stunt disc. Made with a red Wham-o soft frisbee:

Original for reference:

Hero disc. Made with a Wham-o sponsored World Class 141G frisbee. The size, shape and even the ridges match up to the original I was replicating:

Logo/text sanded off and primed/painted white:

Vinyl decals:

Comparison with original:

Looks a lot like Tron's disc in these pictures:

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MrSinistar

Epic job, Marcus!! I wish I can get my hands on a Soft Frisbee Disc, heh. How did you remove the graphic on the white frisbee?

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just look for vintage wham o Frisbees. 141g is the weight. I doubt one above or below would look much different but you could always count the number of grooves/ridges and compare overall proportions which is what I did.