Replica spy "bug" props from spy movies

ageowns

I loved 2015's Man from U.N.C.L.E. and have always had a love for espionage films like Bourne and Bond.
This seems like a simple prop I could make a bunch of arduino lights and wires etc. I'd love to make some bugs specifically from Man from U.N.C.L.E., but there's a general idea behind what a bug is (sometimes even had a blinking red light) and some wires hanging out.

I'm definitely interested in something that instantly looks like a spy bug, regardless of practicality, and definitely have a 60s spy vibe if possible. My goal is to do a 60s spy themed photoshoot, so I just want props that the viewer would reasonably accept are 60's spy era bugs.

Does anyone have any experience or tips?

Here are some U.N.C.L.E. bugs, these are ideal
1613368993056.png

1613368965859.png

1613369165022.png

1613369027061.png

the man from uncle bugs look like analog electronics from the 60's. the one with the wires looks like some kind of electric plug used in industrial sized machines. The two clear bugs with the legs look like large analog style LED's of some kind.

Maybe post some pics on forums for people that restore analog computers & equipment and they might know what they are and even know where to get them.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back