replica Prototype helmet?

DarkLordSalvo

Anyone ever made a replica of the back of this helmet? I think it'd be cool to have in a helmet collection.

SDSproto2.jpg

(I'll remove this if it's a problem.)

It's often intrigued me.

I wonder if they used a piece of vacuum cleaner hose - it seems to have a threaded look, rather than being a series of discs?

<div class='quotetop'>(DarkLordSalvo @ May 28 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]1251733[/snapback]</div>
Anyone ever made a replica of the back of this helmet? I think it'd be cool to have in a helmet collection.
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(Blaxmyth @ May 29 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]1252545[/snapback]</div>
It's often intrigued me.

I wonder if they used a piece of vacuum cleaner hose - it seems to have a threaded look, rather than being a series of discs?

<div class='quotetop'>(DarkLordSalvo @ May 28 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]1251733[/snapback]
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

It's that old vinyl pipe that was reinforced with metal rings I think - it's like a larger less textured version of the stuff they used on the TIE helmets.

<div class='quotetop'>(DarkLordSalvo @ May 29 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]1252602[/snapback]</div>
So are the rings on a slight angle like a spring or straight up and down?
[/b]

I'd say it's like a coil...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back