Repairing Cut On Skin Help

Blasturbator

Sr Member
So i just realized that my leg skin has a tear, no idea how it happened
ive been searching on how to fix it but cant seen to find what im looking for

I was thinking in using DAP welwood contact cement, but not sure if thats gonna work.
Not very worried about ruining the paint in that area since its gonna be covered but the butt flap

Any help/recommendations will be helpful
Thanks

DSCN2448.jpg

DSCN2449.jpg

If it were me, I'd use superglue GEL to piece it back together (gel will hold enough for other work to happen), then cut a piece of denim a couple inches bigger than the wound, latex the area around it (on the inside, not the painted side), soak the denim piece in latex, apply it, then put about 4 coats of latex over it as it dries. I install zippers and do all my alterations this way with no problems so far.
Hope that helps.

If you have liquid latex, simply take a piece of glass or a mirror and paint on 8-10 coats to make a patch big enough to go around the hold. You can speed cure each layer with a heat gun or hair drier. Take into account shrinkage making your patch size. Let the patch dry and cure a few days to allow shrinkage to take place. Then get your hands on some Barge contact cement. Get the yellow can if you can find it. It's used by cobblers and is the bomb. Clean the leg skin and apply the Barge to both it and the patch. Allow both pieces to cure to tacky and then press the patch onto the area. Keep in mind, once those two come into contact you will NEVER get them apart, so make sure the patch is EXACTLY where you want it. If you need to go back and cabopatch the tear lines (Doesn't sound like it really matters), check out ptgreek's thread on that process. Works like a champ. Best of luck!

exactly ..make the latex patch. apply it with barge cement on the inside of the skin ..pulling the torn areas as close together as you can ( hint ..heat activates barge quicker ..apply to both the patch and the skin ..wave a hair dryer on it then apply ..give it some time to fully cure) ..then fallow this tutorial on how to seam it.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/23768-how-to-seam-and-fill-latex/page__hl__seam__fromsearch__1

If this is latex, the best and most permanent material you can use to patch it, is rubber cement. The solvent opens the pores a bit and the rubber bites in, so you will get a great long lasting bond. Try to buy high quality brands like Best Test or Barge Rubber Cement TF. Superglue will crack, and may actually separate from the rubber before it cracks. Contact cement does not create a long lasting bond with latex.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back