Repairing a skin...need advice

JaggerWolf

Ok I did a search but didnt really find much help. I have a skin I bought and it needs a few repairs...mainly on the areas like the elbows, the stress points of the suit have some tears starting and I can only see them getting worse as the latex is flexed and ages. What is the best way to repair this sort of damage? I would just re-latex the area but it is already painted and I know the latex won't adhere well enough to stay.

I was thinking of attaching some stretchy nylon to the inside of the suit to help support the latex but whats the best adhesive to use that will hold strong to latex??

Any advise would be great I really want to get started on putting this suit together.

I have tried latexing the inside, it starts to peel once fully dry.

Would I find the weldwood at any hardware store? I will give it a try.

It will if you use Lycra, or nylon material - I have done this with several of our haunt masks and latex gloves, but this was all done from the inside where it was still raw latex. The problem im having with repairs is I need to repair it externally as well, where there is paint and nothing wants to stick to it. Im hoping to try the weldwood soon

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back