repairing a latex mask

copa7

Hello
I am new to the forum so please pardon the elementary question:

I have a miniature figure with a latex (rubber) mask. It is missing a piece and I want to rebuild/repair it.

Any economic solution would be welcome.

cheers

Hey all,

Thanks for the mentions! Our techniques do focus on foam latex, though depending on the project, we do occasionally work with latex pieces as needed.

For an economical solutions (sounds like you're wanting to "do it yourself") for latex masks, you can look at Kelly Mann's site where he gives some tips for basic latex repairs: The Mask Dr's FAQ

hope that's some help.

If you feel the project is something outside of your skill set, just drop us an email with some pics (email addy is on our site below). I'll let you know if it's a project we'd take on and an estimate of the cost.

Thanks again

Tom

Thanks for everyone's welcome input. Somehow I feel that I've got the attention of Academy Award Directors for a high school movie ...

All I wanted to do was repair the rubber mask that was ripped from a Lord of the Rings figure for my kids.

I was thinking that I could find some goop solution that could be applied and then add the texture.

cheers

If its just for your kids, how about just some super glue?

My kids are important to me - if it was just a matter of glue, it would have been done. I need to create the missing pieces to the mask. I want to show them things can be repaired and reused. I want to inspire creativity and maybe pass on some of the knowledge here on this forum.

and "just for the kids" comment might indicate you don't have any children yourself ... my reply - because that's what parents do.

If you are doing things just for yourself, what's the point of coming to this forum ?

Just saying ... :cool

and "just for the kids" comment might indicate you don't have any children yourself ... my reply - because that's what parents do.

If you are doing things just for yourself, what's the point of coming to this forum ?

Just saying ... :cool

I think a lot of people here are doing stuff for themselves! :)

As for the "Just for your kids" - I dont know if your kids are 2 or 12 - I dont know many young children who are overly particular about how something is fixed if its something they just enjoy playing with.

I think you would get much better replies if you showed pictures or what you are trying to convey.. Im sure we can come up with something that is between super glue and full on restoration :)

PS - I applaud that you are trying to teach your kids a lesson with this - That is good parenting -

Hi,
i'm a new to this site,and registered after reading this mask restoration topic....
I have kind off the same problem with my 70's foam rubber Muppet Bendy toys.
Some of the foam rubber is to dry and starts to crumble....
After seeing your restoration skills on vintage foam rubber masks,i tought you would be the right person to ask!
Here are a few of my questions

-Is there a way to "feed" the foam rubber that isnt dried-out yet?
- which product i need to use to replace/restore the foam rubber spots that have been crumbled allready?
-What kind of paint do i need to use,to repaint the restored rubber foam parts?

I really hope you can help me out with my Bendy doll problem,because its really sad to see my vintage Bendy muppet collection just crumbling away....

greatings from belgium,
hemi

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back