Repair Help Needed for 1/35 Max Factory VOTOMS Scopedog

darkev2

Hello

I got one of the old Max Factory Scopedog figures from the VOTOMS Anime and I have run into a bt of a problem. Somehow in the middle of re-positioning the legs for a new pose one of the legs snapped off at the hip joint. Here is a picture of the figure (not my broken one);

scopedog.jpg

I was wondering if anyone here at the RPF has had figurines from MAX Factory and who perhaps had to repair them had any suggestions. The thing is made out of this rubberized plastic that super glue just doesn't like working with. Any and all suggestions would be GREATLY Appreciated!!!

Thank You!!!

scopedog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You will probably have to look for something that will actually melt/weld the plastic.
Drilling and pinning will help also.

You could also try contacting the company to see if they can help with suggestions or a replacement part.

Drill, pin and two pack glue worked for me. Stay away from trying to reheat, melt etc....;)....just my 2 cents...good luck!

Yes be careful as most glues will ruin the paint finish.
Is it a solid hard plastic or the slightly rubbery plastic?
I broke one of my figures and have not tried repairing.

Pin and epoxy will probably work, but not as strong as new. A pic will help gather possible additional suggestions.

Hello Everyone!!! Thank You ALL for the replies. I am out of town for a little bit and will post pictures on my return!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back