Repainting your Sideshow Celtic

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

hez1

Alright, so in the interests of unhappy collectors everywhere, I bit the bullet and went for it. This is not complete, this post will be updated every day as I get closer to finishing it. So far it's just the basics.

Step 1: Paint the whole thing black.

IMG_2080.jpg.gif

Step 2: Take a cloth, I used a ripped up old T-shirt, and spray some silver paint on a corner of it. Wipe this gently on the helmet, and it should give you something of a drybrushing effect, but it won't get down into the little pockmarks, leaving them black. Continue to do this all over the helmet (I only did the top in the picture). For some points you will need to switch to a brush and do actual drybrushing, because you can't get into all the nooks and crannies on a celtic with the cloth.

IMG_2082.jpg.gif

Step 3: So you've done the whole thing. Give it a light spraying of black paint in a few spots, and then take a rag, splash some paint thinner or similar substance on it, and give your bio a wipe down. Try and spread the black around, giving the whole thing a light wash of the black paint.

IMG_2086.jpg.gif

Step 4: I guess you could do this bit last, but I felt like putting some copper paint on the accent pieces, mainly to see how much I needed to darken the copper paint I had. A lot, apparently.

IMG_2087.jpg.gif

Step 5: Ok, this is kind of a big step, sorry. Today I've pretty much finished up doing the copper accents, and then tried to put some finishing touches to the whole thing. I sprayed on some copper paint in various spots, and covered it in translucent green (this is a krylon colour you can find at walmart). I sprayed on the scorch marks, first doing copper, then brown, then finally black, all of which I sponged off. This leaves a nice, multicoloured scorch mark. After all this was done, I drybrushed some more silver over everything, drybrushed black on top of that, and it's done. Now I need to do lenses. I'll take some decent pics once the lenses are done, because this quick shot really does not show all the various colours that are on there, it looks pretty decent in person.

IMG_2088.jpg.gif

IMG_2080.jpg.gif

IMG_2082.jpg.gif

IMG_2086.jpg.gif

IMG_2087.jpg.gif

IMG_2088.jpg.gif

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Viper15

Im looking forward to seeing this, iv nearly finished my scar repaint, im toying with doing the celtic next. I think we can get these things looking pretty decent with alot of hard work.....