Repainting my latex suit

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Doctor WHO

Hey guys so im repainting my skin suit and i heard and read that u can use rubber cement mixed with acrylic paint on top of the latex. i plan on doing that for a base coat then for the details with an air brush latex mixed acrylic paint and water which i heard works very well. my question is that what brand of rubber cement should i use or any other alternatives. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ptgreek

mixing Rubber cement paint is a possible way, but man is it dangerous ..you want to be in a very well ventilated area and use a respirator and thin it out with rubber cement thinner. The better solution would to be to make pax paint using prosaide medical adhesive and acrylics. Since you live in Valencia, a quick trip into the SFV would yield quite a few FX supply houses to buy prosaide from. Try Friends beauty supply in Studio City or Nigels in North Hollywood

Belfast Neil

I'd propose pros-aide, FW Inks, then permawet to seal it all. Inks go straight on and you can mix a base up with white acrylic watered down with the inks to colour. Less harsh on the lungs and your airbrush. Usurper advised me to go down the ink route and it is very simple to do.

Doctor WHO

mixing Rubber cement paint is a possible way, but man is it dangerous ..you want to be in a very well ventilated area and use a respirator and thin it out with rubber cement thinner. The better solution would to be to make pax paint using prosaide medical adhesive and acrylics. Since you live in Valencia, a quick trip into the SFV would yield quite a few FX supply houses to buy prosaide from. Try Friends beauty supply in Studio City or Nigels in North Hollywood
Awesome thanks a lot man ill look into those places you suggested

Doctor WHO

I'd propose pros-aide, FW Inks, then permawet to seal it all. Inks go straight on and you can mix a base up with white acrylic watered down with the inks to colour. Less harsh on the lungs and your airbrush. Usurper advised me to go down the ink route and it is very simple to do.
Ok cool thanks for the tip i still have some perma wet left over form the first build.