Repainting a Snyder Scar suit

Dakath

A few weeks ago Celtic_Warrior, Kirk, asked me to repaint his Snyder Scar Suit and Usurper legs.

This is the result;

paint-upsnydersuit157.jpg

paint-upsnydersuit158.jpg

paint-upsnydersuit159.jpg

paint-upsnydersuit161.jpg

And now some explenations of this not so common pred ;-)

Kirk send me a reference picture of a mask and asked me if I could paint his suit using inspiration from the picture.

Since the original colours on the suit are dark I knew this would not be an easy job because the new colours were light.

It would be a long job full of patience to make the original colour disapear layer after layer.

Because this pred would not wear much armor, and the bicep and backplate could not be removed, I painted them in weathered leather look.

Not showed in the picture but the hands, feet and legs are done in the same pattern.

This pred also have white dreads. I used the original Snyder dreads and coloured them by laying them in a bath with latex and pigment (light eggshell colour)

Kirk, have fun with it and thanks for all the trust in my work.

yes thats the sad thing my car needs fixed and i need to get it fixed fast my daughter has epilepsy and if she has a seizure while my car is dow i am screwed! The closet hospital is over 10 miles away. Army medical will not pay for an ambulance due to phrasology of "life and death" situation. I am very frustrated because I just got it done and have been planning it for quite a while now. I was going to show it at FedCon in May. But, my daughter's well being is way more important to me.

Id say the beginning is good, but it can use some more depth, veins, shadows. Stuff like that. It doesnt really look organic at this point.

Just my point of view;)

I'm not so sure about that color scheme...
The yellow might be okay, but I'm not feeling the black splotches all over the face...as well as the bright red mouth. The whole body would look better with more complimentary blending. Just my opinion though- it's your creation!

Nope, not my creation.

I painted it just like the owner wanted it. We had some serious discussion about the black markings and matching colours etc. But afterall, the customer is king.

It took me a while to get used to those colours but first you shake your head and after a while you think "different, but nice"

It was quite a challence because I never did this kind of pred but in the end I was happy that I did it.

And for the details like highlights and depth, maybe it doesnt show on the pics but they are there. Problem is that you have basic light colours so you can't get any more lighter and you can't use brown colours for depth like on any other suit. You have to create depth with dark yellow without getting an orange colour.

And for the mouth, keep in mind that the maker of this suit used bright pink, almost fluo pink, not that easy to paint a mouth like it should be.

And vains... Blue on a yellow body, not done. By the way, preds have green blood so they can't have blue vains And endless discussion others allready had here.

So, I hope everybody has got some answers about there points. But everybody is free to like it or not

Kirk was happy with it, so mission acomplished. Shame he has to sell it, nice guy that does not deserve this kind of setback.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back