Removing seam flashing from urethane casting

toxicvenom

What the best or should I say right way to clean up the casting seam flashing on urethane rubber. Is there a solvent to disolve

Yes it's a 89 batman suit.........
I'm sure I've seen a thread where a solvent was used to blend away after sanding
but don't want to experiment and ruin it

You're never gonna be able to get it to look like the seam was never there. So important to have realistic expectations. Now depends on how thick the flashing was but I have had good luck with using acetone to dissolve very thin flashing. Like thinner than a sheet of paper. Your mileage may vary. Urethane is kind of unforgiving when it comes to working with it post cure.

If you are going for screen accuracy then I would leave them on. The screen used suit had those seem lines on it all the way down to the legs. If you don't want them then I would do what Kev said above.

mineral spirits, dremel tool, fingernail scissors and a steady hand. All things that were covered already but thought i would add just because its been awhile. Hope it turns out, been where you are many times.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back