Removing paint/print from resin - Harry Potter crystal goblet

Grigori

I purchased a Noble Collection crystal goblet while visiting the Harry Potter Studios tour. It’s made from clear resin, but has a black copyright statement on the bottom which annoying shows through to the surface. Is there anything that may remove that statement without damaging the resin?

Normally, I would recommend Super Clean on resin, but I have no idea how it would react to clear resin. You could see if Windex would work. If that doesn't do anything and has no effect on the clarity, progress to isopropyl alcohol and try it on an inconspicuous area. Then progress to Super Clean if that has no effect. Again, try it on a small area first.

TazMan2000

Normally, I would recommend Super Clean on resin, but I have no idea how it would react to clear resin. You could see if Windex would work. If that doesn't do anything and has no effect on the clarity, progress to isopropyl alcohol and try it on an inconspicuous area. Then progress to Super Clean if that has no effect. Again, try it on a small area first.

TazMan2000

Thanks so much, I'll try those :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back