Removing paint/print from resin - Harry Potter crystal goblet

Grigori

I purchased a Noble Collection crystal goblet while visiting the Harry Potter Studios tour. It’s made from clear resin, but has a black copyright statement on the bottom which annoying shows through to the surface. Is there anything that may remove that statement without damaging the resin?

TazMan2000

Master Member
Normally, I would recommend Super Clean on resin, but I have no idea how it would react to clear resin. You could see if Windex would work. If that doesn't do anything and has no effect on the clarity, progress to isopropyl alcohol and try it on an inconspicuous area. Then progress to Super Clean if that has no effect. Again, try it on a small area first.

TazMan2000

Grigori

Normally, I would recommend Super Clean on resin, but I have no idea how it would react to clear resin. You could see if Windex would work. If that doesn't do anything and has no effect on the clarity, progress to isopropyl alcohol and try it on an inconspicuous area. Then progress to Super Clean if that has no effect. Again, try it on a small area first.

TazMan2000

Thanks so much, I'll try those :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.