Removing paint from resin

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

xingshen

Howdy all!

I have a resin piece that I want to re-paint. Whats on there now looks to be enamel but I'm not 100% sure since I didn't originally do it. Wondering what's the best way to strip the old stuff off without causing any damage or detail lose.

Thanks for the help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Fett_Ish

I had to strip the wings on my SS TIE. Twice. I used easy off and a large ziplock. I let it work about 10-15 minutes. Then warm water rinse and soft toothbrush and dishsoap scrub down. Check a chunk of resin from model first as there are lots of kinds floating around and I'm sure the paint type matters as well. Hope that helps.

division 6

Master Member
I've used Super Clean, others use brake fluid.

On a few items the Super Clean softened up the resin (small pieces) and also stained a few pieces purple.
I did however strip 30 year old enamel off a few styrene models with no harm to the plastic.

made007

Sr Member
Brake fluid works and easy off i use to dechrome plastic parts, works too, easy off is faster than brake fluid