Remove Screen Printing from Spider-Man Costume?

Spideywebbed

Hello RPF! This is my first thread ever on this amazing website.

I have recently ordered a TASM1 costume from printcostume.com, formerly known as ZentaiZone, and opted to have the screen printed emblems. However, a few days ago I came across a photo of someones printcostume TASM1 suit with screen printed emblems and they looked… well… horrendous. They cannot seem to get either of the spider emblems right, especially the gaps in between the limbs and body segments.
Because I can no longer cancel the screen print as it was shipped yesterday… Is there a way to remove the prints by hand to trace over the actual spider emblems printed onto the fabric with puff paint? I chose the regular thick lycra option. This is my first ever suit from printcostume and I really want it to look the best it can.

Every bit of help is greatly appreciated!

I will attach images of how printcostume.com prints the emblems vs how it looks on the design file I provided.

Attachments

• 92C04DDE-D278-4F42-87DE-425E3560CFDE.jpeg
    92C04DDE-D278-4F42-87DE-425E3560CFDE.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 621
  • 5AC82913-CDEE-4F7C-BF0A-CF8D8D4BC708.jpeg
    5AC82913-CDEE-4F7C-BF0A-CF8D8D4BC708.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 415
I would wait for the costume to arrive before making a decision.

What I suggest is doing the contrary, instead of removing the screen printed emblem try to put red acrylic paint or red puffy paint to create the gaps for the front spider.

Do you have comparison pictures for the back spider?

I do not have a picture of PrintCostume’s back spider unfortunately, but I guess they’ll use the same method there.
The suit arrives next thursday but I don’t think that covering it with acrylic will make it look any better. I’d hugely prefer removing it all together and redoing it with puff paint. I’m hoping that someone knows how to remove screen printing from spandex without ruining the dye sub.

I would wait for the costume to arrive before making a decision.

What I suggest is doing the contrary, instead of removing the screen printed emblem try to put red acrylic paint or red puffy paint to create the gaps for the front spider.

Do you have comparison pictures for the back spid

I’m fairly certain their “screen printing” isn’t screen printing but heat transfer vinyl. If that’s the case you may be able to peel it off… but there is no guarantee that will work or that it won’t leave a residue.

I’m not too worried about residue, I’ll treat the suit with puff paint afterwards. Can I remove heat transfer vinyl with an iron? And how do I tell the difference between heat transfer vinyl and actual screen printing?
I’m fairly certain their “screen printing” isn’t screen printing but heat transfer vinyl. If that’s the case you may be able to peel it off… but there is no guarantee that will work or that it won’t leave a residue.

I’m not too worried about residue, I’ll treat the suit with puff paint afterwards. Can I remove heat transfer vinyl with an iron? And how do I tell the difference between heat transfer vinyl and actual screen printing?
I mean it’s almost impossible that they are using actual screen printing since they’d need to prepare effectively an infinite number of screens to accommodate all the costumes they make in different sizes.

And when I’m talking residue, I mean visible residue.

I wouldn’t try an iron as that could burn the vinyl, just pick a corner and try to lift it up. Again I have to say, I don’t recommend this because you really don’t know how it’s going to look once it’s removed, but if you’re dead set on it, just slowly picking at it and pulling it off is the only way I know of.

I mean it’s almost impossible that they are using actual screen printing since they’d need to prepare effectively an infinite number of screens to accommodate all the costumes they make in different sizes.

And when I’m talking residue, I mean visible residue.

I wouldn’t try an iron as that could burn the vinyl, just pick a corner and try to lift it up. Again I have to say, I don’t recommend this because you really don’t know how it’s going to look once it’s removed, but if you’re dead set on it, just slowly picking at it and pulling it off is the only way I know of.
I saw this video on YouTube showing that you can use 100% acetone to dissolve the vinyl print, will this destroy my suit?

I wouldn’t want acetone anywhere near my suit. You might just be better off puff painting over the appliqué.

I know it’s not what you want to hear but it’s probably too late to fix this suit to make it look like how you want it to look in your head without possibly ruining it.

Just sell it when it comes in and buy a new one if you really don’t want it. Someone will love it just the way it is.

I wouldn’t want acetone anywhere near my suit. You might just be better off puff painting over the appliqué.

I know it’s not what you want to hear but it’s probably too late to fix this suit to make it look like how you want it to look in your head without possibly ruining it.

Just sell it when it comes in and buy a new one if you really don’t want it. Someone will love it just the way it is.
Thank you for the kind advice
I’ll see what to do once it arrives on thursday, nevertheless I’m still hyped for it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back