Remo Williams, The Adventure Begins.... on Blu-Ray

Yeah with Roddy McDowall as Chuin, no thanks.

Joel Grey totally owned that role!!
Well, a lot of time has passed to the point where the property probably isn't considered economically feasible to do a TV series based on it, let alone a second attempt of a movie. I'm not saying that it hasn't been done before, though.

Well, a lot of time has passed to the point where the property probably isn't considered economically feasible to do a TV series based on it, let alone a second attempt of a movie. I'm not saying that it hasn't been done before, though.
Oh it’s way to late, Chuin’s Series should have been around right after the movie came out.....

Yeah I don’t know why the movie didn’t click with audiences back then, me and my girlfriend at the time liked it and were always quoting “you move like a pregnant yak”

My mind may be crossing the streams but I recall Jetbeetle talking about his time under a studio contract and he would spend days going through storage areas full of scripts. He was looking for the Condorman 2 script, which he had found, and a sequel script for Remo Williams.

There was a Condorman 2 script?! How have I never heard of this...

P.S. RIP Jet Beetle

I have a white scar on my middle finger from attempting to stab through the lid of a peanut jar. After the movie, practically everyone I knew obsessed over the parrot technique finger jab. After many years practice, I could stab through the cardboard that held melons. It's like 250 pounds per square in tested and rated. My buddy was so fast he could stab through a piece of paper that he had held and dropped, floating to the ground. Absolutely useless skill but devastating on soft tissue. Exchanging punches is stupid enough but finger jabbing someone like on Remo Williams can do permanent damage. My aspiring career as a parrot master ended the day I was challenged to poke a hole in a plastic Jiff peanutbutter lid. I missed and drilled the rim at full force, it was still on the jar. It split to the bone without tearing the skin. It was like having a window to the inside of my finger. I freaked out and did the chicken dance for at least 5 minutes it hurt soooo bad. I have other useless skills like this stemming from Kungfu Theatre episodes. The ability to throw objects without them spinning in the air, aka the poison scorpion dart, and of course spikes and skewers. This all culminated in hand throwing nerf darts at baseball pitching speeds with insane accuracy. A skill I consider actually useful, especially in office nerf battles. Long live Remo Williams!!!

This may be heretical to some, but I think that this movie is ripe for a remake. Just update it a little bit but keep the overall story and characters the same. Instead of remaking hugely successful and/or popular properties, Hollywood really needs to remake forgotten movies like Remo Williams that had the kernel of a good movie in it but just didn't resonate with audiences at the time. They also need to do a remake, or a sequel of Buckaroo Banzai.

This may be heretical to some, but I think that this movie is ripe for a remake. Just update it a little bit but keep the overall story and characters the same. Instead of remaking hugely successful and/or popular properties, Hollywood really needs to remake forgotten movies like Remo Williams that had the kernel of a good movie in it but just didn't resonate with audiences at the time. They also need to do a remake, or a sequel of Buckaroo Banzai.
You mean a second adaptation, since the first film was an adaptation of The Destroyer novel series.

It goes without saying that would be a challenge. We are talking about two films characteristically infused with 1980's style mid-budget camp. If a studio takes it on, you would have stop to the machine from inflating the production with cash and using the film as a platform for employing friends of the studio who have (arguably?) no inherent love or appreciation for the source material. Then big, expensive and even well-done effects and production design can drown out all the personality and vision that made them classics to begin with. I am thinking of films, like Robocop (2014), Total Recall (2012) and The Thing (2011).

Last edited:
Totally agree.
I'm the only person I know that thinks The Crow is ripe for a remake. People say it would ruin the legacy of the original. Like the p.ss poor sequels didn't already do that.
Some real gems out there that could be re done now.

So, I had not known of the bluray release and have been wanting to see this again since its original decades ago. I am now watching it on youtube tv with ads for free. ... I usually despise youtube but not today.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back