Remember 80's Street Hawk?

JON1482

Hi all, this is my replica Street Hawk bike in the making. It's a real life working bike. Wont be street legal so It's mainly for show. Please see my other thread on the costume and helmet.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 422
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 403
Hi all, this is my replica Street Hawk bike in the making. It's a real life working bike. Wont be street legal so It's mainly for show. Please see my other thread on the costume and helmet.

Now there's a blast from the past! I remember Street Hawk.

Cool man. I have often wondered if anyone had done any replica movie bikes. Great to see.

Why won't it be street legal?

Thanks guys glad it brought some memories back!
Basically it would need indicators, mirrors and a working headlight so it could get its MOT but that would spoil the look, however I could possibly get it through a 'daytime' MOT where you only need a horn and brake light which I could incorperate in the build. TBH the alloy parts and wheels were so expensive to do I dont want to mess them up! But I will ride it and post on youtube when its done.

I didn't remember the name of the show until you mentioned it. I had memories of a man in black and the motorbike but very vague. You made me smile!

The music from Tangerine Dream was also really good....one of the best from those 80s TV series !! And what about the bike's sound....it was certainly not the sound from the original bike but it was amazing :))

Oh yeah right. hahaha I didn't even notice it didn't have any indicators in the original pic. lol wouldn't make a very good bobby would I. Very cool to see someone doing this.:thumbsup

When is someone going to do the Silver Viper from the 90's show. What's amazing is back then you could have a show completely centered around a badass vehicle.

1998-dodge-viper-defender-79403.jpg

Can't wait to see it finished.

Last edited:
The music from Tangerine Dream was also really good....one of the best from those 80s TV series !! And what about the bike's sound....it was certainly not the sound from the original bike but it was amazing :))

During the late 1980s I've tried to get the soundtrack of Strreet Hawk on CD, until I read that it was never released. Instead I found this: Downloads & Multimedia | Street Hawk Online

Fans were recreating the feel und music of the sound of Street Hawk from Tangerine Dream.

Enjoy

Dietrich

That's weird because on the collectible page of the website, they show some discs or CDs from Tangerine Dream !!

As mentioned on the website only a rearanged version of the title track (LeParc) was released from Tangerine Dream on the CD "Best of T.D." All the other original tracks from the show played by Tangerine Dream were never available on CD.

Dietrich

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back