release agent for oil based clay klean klay?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Roydraven

I know people have said a release agent for oil based clay klean klay is krylon clear gloss paint but I cant seem to find that brand where I'm at australia in a country place grrrr
so my question is what is in the krylon gloss clear paint to make it release so i can get another brand that does the same thing or is there another release agent for the clay?
cause i bought some clear gloss paint that is oil based but it wont release i tested it so that was a waste?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

SUICIDALRAIDER

I believe any Acrylic clear should work . Let it dry overnight. If not good old cooking spray works...pam...products like it.I use Chavant medium clay exclusivly and both these methods work for it . I can't say it will positively work for kleanclay....I've never used it.

Roydraven

thanks man great advice so if i use acrylic clear paint i need to leave it dry over night?

I believe any Acrylic clear should work . Let it dry overnight. If not good old cooking spray works...pam...products like it.I use Chavant medium clay exclusivly and both these methods work for it . I can't say it will positively work for kleanclay....I've never used it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.