"Relaunching the Gemini 12" From LOST IN SPACE part 1

One other (obvious) thought.
Those of us who grew up watching Irwin Allen productions are getting to that age where:

- Building scale models is becoming more of a challenge (eyesight/motor skills)
- Housing is being down-sized / storage space more limited.
- Realization that (for modelers) we'll never build everything we have stashed away

Something smaller/prebuilt to a modelers exacting standard that they can cross off the "To Do" list might be of value.
Again, the challenge is "what value" ?

One other (obvious) thought.
Those of us who grew up watching Irwin Allen productions are getting to that age where:

- Building scale models is becoming more of a challenge (eyesight/motor skills)
- Housing is being down-sized / storage space more limited.
- Realization that (for modelers) we'll never build everything we have stashed away

Something smaller/prebuilt to a modelers exacting standard that they can cross off the "To Do" list might be of value.
Again, the challenge is "what value" ?
Your comments are much appreciated. That said, as you have correctly pointed out, this is why I am on here. A price commitment for tooling done in the U.S. makes it a relatively "pricey" kit as does the relatively large photo-etched sheet nickel-silver Fusion Core sheathing which is essential for an exact scale model of the original filmed miniature in this comparatively small scale.

Last edited:
Interested in both the Gemini 12 (kit or built) and the Lunch Tower. I think the size is perfect, I'm a little display space challenged and at this size it's perfect for me.

I’m a huge LIS fan and only just stumbled on this thread. I’m in the B9 builders club and I’m working on my own life size bubble headed booby. This is great stuff and I greatly appreciate the research and info. I grew up on this show. The old school prop/ship modelers were and are geniuses still today IMO. Please keep this stuff coming. LIS fans are all still out here.

LIS Fan for sure Irwin Allen was a visionary and I always watching his different shows. LIS Gemini 12 has always been on my list of having. So many here have listed great solid points and I agree with SSR. Interested and following this thread it’s intriguing and as the word spreads other LIS Fan will eventually run into this thread. High liners thanks for the detailed info and look forward to see how this evolves thank you.

Long time LIS fan. Liked the Gemini XII over the Jupiter 2. Would definitely be interested in a Gemini XII if you make it available.

I 3D model on the computer now as my hands and eyes aren't what they used to be. Putting this here in case anyone else is interested in the Gemini XII.

If you'd like to contact me regarding this matter, kindly write to me at the HighlinersOnline.com website using the "Contact Us" button.

Thank you. ---P.

Last edited:
HIGHLINERS has obtained the license for the manufacture of the original "Lost in Space" ship, the: "Gemini 12"

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back