Rejected Green Goblin Make-Up Test

I can really see some hints of Dafoe in there. that is so cool, I wish they had gone with something similar for the film.

I understand WHY, tey went with the helmet.... Instead of mask.... Regardless , this is still awesome , and hopefully with the new spiderman we get a
Much more tense build up of osborn into the goblin over multiple movies

I wasnt really a fan of the helmet and suit but that is easier to explain than a mask like this. However the mask is freaking creepy awesome!

Having spent years watching "Spiderman And His Amazing Friends," I hated the suit Rami chose from the onset. REALLY like that mask. Shame they didn't use it, but hopefully it gets a second chance at life...

Great find! I was hoping for something like that in the original film, I never liked the helmet and suit they went with.

I used to think that the helmet made more sense from a "real-world" perspective. But when you think about it, how much more realistic is it that Osborn would have a Goblin helmet made up versus a Goblin mask? After all, he was insane and had the means to have either of those crazy things made.

I wonder if it was a logistical issue, as makeup like that would take hours to apply and remove, whereas a helmet is quick to put on and take off. It could also be that the makeup is truly creepy, and it might've been a little too scary for their target audience.

I supose you could make a case that they were worried it could come off as a little silly looking, especially with those ears, but the helmet was pretty much the same design, just in a static position.

It's cool but I'm a little confused...

So would this have still been a "mask" in the context of the movie? Something Osborn would actually put on and take off?

If so, I would have much rather had this than the helmet. :thumbsup

Unless it was supposed to mean Osborn's face was permanently disfigured into that goblin face.
In that case... :unsure

Kevin

It would have been a mask. Goblin was never disfigured, which was something that took me quite a while to figure out. I really wish this would have been in the film.

I never liked the helmet either. He basically wore a motorcycle helmet. It made it difficult to get into his performance.

That particular mask has some weirdness, but I prefer the idea. Maybe they'll do that in the reboot.

All comic book masks move. Even Iron Mans face changes shape. We need it to connect with the character.

I understand why they went with the armor / helmet costume . ( He was hurling himself around on a jet for God`s sake ! ) But , this would have been very creepy with the right lighting !
Has anyone tried a realistic comic book costume of Greeny on here ?

that looks awesome, they should of used this for the movie, I did not like the mechanical suit.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back