Rejected Green Goblin Make-Up Test

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Sundowner, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. Jawafive

Jawafive Sr Member

I can really see some hints of Dafoe in there. that is so cool, I wish they had gone with something similar for the film.

3. Mr.Spider

Mr.Spider Well-Known Member

I understand WHY, tey went with the helmet.... Instead of mask.... Regardless , this is still awesome , and hopefully with the new spiderman we get a
    Much more tense build up of osborn into the goblin over multiple movies

4. LittleBit

LittleBit Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Should've used this. The helmet lost me from the get-go. :(

5. Sundowner

I wasnt really a fan of the helmet and suit but that is easier to explain than a mask like this. However the mask is freaking creepy awesome!

6. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

That is wicked cool! THAT is the comic book come to life!

7. Darth Pinhead

Darth Pinhead Active Member

Having spent years watching "Spiderman And His Amazing Friends," I hated the suit Rami chose from the onset. REALLY like that mask. Shame they didn't use it, but hopefully it gets a second chance at life...

8. Sundowner

Ya the rejected mask really does have that comic look to it

9. Bloop

Bloop Active Member

Great find! I was hoping for something like that in the original film, I never liked the helmet and suit they went with.

I used to think that the helmet made more sense from a "real-world" perspective. But when you think about it, how much more realistic is it that Osborn would have a Goblin helmet made up versus a Goblin mask? After all, he was insane and had the means to have either of those crazy things made.

I wonder if it was a logistical issue, as makeup like that would take hours to apply and remove, whereas a helmet is quick to put on and take off. It could also be that the makeup is truly creepy, and it might've been a little too scary for their target audience.

I supose you could make a case that they were worried it could come off as a little silly looking, especially with those ears, but the helmet was pretty much the same design, just in a static position.

10. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

It's cool but I'm a little confused...

So would this have still been a "mask" in the context of the movie? Something Osborn would actually put on and take off?

If so, I would have much rather had this than the helmet. :thumbsup

Unless it was supposed to mean Osborn's face was permanently disfigured into that goblin face.
    In that case... :unsure

Kevin

11. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

It would have been a mask. Goblin was never disfigured, which was something that took me quite a while to figure out. I really wish this would have been in the film.

12. terryr

terryr Sr Member

I never liked the helmet either. He basically wore a motorcycle helmet. It made it difficult to get into his performance.

That particular mask has some weirdness, but I prefer the idea. Maybe they'll do that in the reboot.

All comic book masks move. Even Iron Mans face changes shape. We need it to connect with the character.

13. Egon Spengler

Egon Spengler Sr Member

Much better than the Power Ranger helmet.

14. b9er

b9er New Member

I understand why they went with the armor / helmet costume . ( He was hurling himself around on a jet for God`s sake ! ) But , this would have been very creepy with the right lighting !
    Has anyone tried a realistic comic book costume of Greeny on here ?

15. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

that looks awesome, they should of used this for the movie, I did not like the mechanical suit.

16. writefast

writefast Active Member

That would have been so much better than that ridiculous mask. Alas.

17. merkymerx

merkymerx Active Member

I agree with everyone. This mask rocks and I really wish it made it to the big screen somehow.

18. jonny5j

jonny5j New Member

yep got to agree the mask looks way better than the helmet

19. PAYBACKPictures

PAYBACKPictures Active Member

That would've been much better than the helmet

20. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

This video has been removed by the user.
    Sorry about that. ?

21. torx

torx Well-Known Member

22. troopermatthew

troopermatthew Well-Known Member

If they head that direction for the new series I would be a very happy man! The expressions that mask can portray blows me away!

23. sjorsjo91

sjorsjo91 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Creepy that controls can mimic our facial structures like that. Kind of scary actually.

I think Raimi went in the wrong direction with both actually. Looks to me like a "Why would a grown up wear a latex mask before he goes out to kill some fine gentlemen?" versus "Why would someone that comes up with a glider and a flightsuit even design such a helmet"

I understand the extended back of the helmet because of aerodynamical reasons but the front makes no sense except that it should be a green goblin.

Maybe if Norman was into LARP the mask would have made sense.

24. FSURobbie

FSURobbie Active Member

25. Knightjar

Knightjar Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wish they'd gone that way.

26. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

So much awesomeness wasted. Thank you for the new link, Torx.