"Reelart" recasting again!

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've come across these guys many times over the years, always recasting other prop makers: Reel Art | eBay Stores

Sarednab just messaged me that they have six listings for recasts of our Masonic Medallion. I've already contacted eBay's Vero program (which is usually pretty good about shutting down recasts).

Here is our version: Masonic Medallion by Magnoli Props

Luckily we put a bunch of tells into our latest version of this medallion (especially the scratches and dents in the outer rim) so there is no doubt this is a recast of our version. He definitely also copied the corpus off my Cross of Coronado as well, but that's been recast by so many companies over the years, I've given up on that one.

Just thought I'd post this here so you guys knew not to buy from this guy but, more importantly, don't SELL to this guy!! If you're a maker, maybe browse his store and see if he's recast something of yours.

Kind regards,
Indy Magnoli

I've come across these guys many times over the years, always recasting other prop makers: Reel Art | eBay Stores

Sarednab just messaged me that they have six listings for recasts of our Masonic Medallion. I've already contacted eBay's Vero program (which is usually pretty good about shutting down recasts).

Luckily we put a bunch of tells into our latest version of this medallion (especially the scratches and dents in the outer rim) so there is no doubt this is a recast of our version. He definitely also copied the corpus off my Cross of Coronado as well, but that's been recast by so many companies over the years, I've given up on that one.

Just thought I'd post this here so you guys knew not to buy from this guy but, more importantly, don't SELL to this guy!! If you're a maker, maybe browse his store and see if he's recast something of yours.

Kind regards,
Indy Magnoli

That guy is scum. Has been recasting for years, is selling what is essentially crap but apparently his business is still thriving. Go figure.

That guy is scum. Has been recasting for years, is selling what is essentially crap but apparently his business is still thriving. Go figure.He has the stuff made in China . It’s totally junk your right . He lies on many pieces saying there casts of originals when they are clearly not . They guys a real scumbag I have had a few conversations with him .

Kind regards,
Indy Magnoli
Just in case he tries to buy from other makers here, do we know what his real name is, and where he hails from?

James Arnold, New Port Richey, FL.

In all his grifter glory... (Skip to 1:04 for a good laugh )
That video says it all about the type of person this is. Most of those items he showed as "from the films", are not even remotely close to real. He is not only selling recasts, but I suspect he is one of the people passing off fakes to auction houses, or will be passing them off down the road. Look at that Indiana Jones Staff of Ra piece. He claims it is valued at $100K and will claim that when he sells it down the road. I can say without a doubt that is 100% NOT the one from the bar scene as he claims. And he states it in that interview: "That is the actual one used in the bar scene in the movie and I have a letter to prove it". Look at the difference in sculpts and shapes, lol. Look at the original amber stone and his opaque red stone. Wow!

comparison.jpg

That video says it all about the type of person this is. Most of those items he showed as "from the films", are not even remotely close to real. He is not only selling recasts, but I suspect he is one of the people passing off fakes to auction houses, or will be passing them off down the road. Look at that Indiana Jones Staff of Ra piece. He claims it is valued at $100K and will claim that when he sells it down the road. I can say without a doubt that is 100% NOT the one from the bar scene as he claims. And he states it in that interview: "That is the actual one used in the bar scene in the movie and I have a letter to prove it". Look at the difference in sculpts and shapes, lol. Look at the original amber stone and his opaque red stone. Wow!

View attachment 1568974
He has tried to sell a few things on his site as original they were laughable . That Jason X mask in the video looked like a white soup bowl

I love how his "screen used" items are all pristine looking. No wear and tear, all newly manufactured, no weathering. Not a single thing in there looks genuine. Sadly people like him or Saberforgery thrive by duping ignorant collectors.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back