Red Robin/Nightwing mask /costume build with casting photos!

TigerStoneFX

Hey everyone.

95% of the way done with this sculpture. Based on the Batman & Robin Movie version but its not 100% accurate simply due to my face being a different shape to Chris O'Donnell's. But I'm happy with it so far, just a tiny tweak needed and a little more smoothing and it'll be sealed and ready to mold.

This was actually the subject of my very first attempt at sculpting a couple of years ago but I never finished it. I still have the NSP mask here somewhere but this version is much better.

Sculpted in monster clay. Hope you like :)

Next will the belt buckle followed by the straps.

PhotoGrid_1364005951932_zpse85c7f20.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Red Robin/Nightwing mask /costume build.

Thanks! Small update on this, I demolded it earlier and I'm just waiting for the plaster bandage jacket to dry out and I should have a urethane pull tomorrow! Very excited :)

Mega slow updating this, sorry.

I finally have some castings and it came out really nice.
Here's a shot just before silicone went on
2013-04-06135800_zpsede522be.jpg

And some castings! We have Silver like at the end of B&R, light blue, black and blue black.

masks22_zps52d91acd.jpg

masks3_zps5190ebb1.jpg

All except the light blue one have found new homes, the blue one is for me :)

Hope you like!

Nat

These came out great. Any chance you'll be making some for sale? I'd love to have a Red one for my Red Hood costume.

Thanks all, I've been experimenting with metallic powders in the mold and in the rubber itself, a lot of fun!

Once I have a full body cast, I'll definitely be sculpting armor and a belt to go with these.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back