Red Jammer Y-WING build by dtssyst

Progress has been made on the engines.
Everything is all glued together and led lights are installed for the engines.
Rubber bands are to help hold the T bar onto the Saturn rocket parts until the glue dries.
20200203_181914.jpg

20200203_181932.jpg

First and foremost, I wish everyone and their families to be well during this time.

It has been two months since my last progress photo. Why? I have the DaveG fuselage. It is very awesome. BUT, I have had a horrible time getting the mold release off. I have tried everything. No disrespect to DaveG as the other stuff I have from him have been perfect.

My resolve was to print the forward fuselage on my Anycubic Photon resin printer. The top is split into four parts and the bottom is spit into three parts. They were split up so the parts would fit onto the build plate of the printer.

I glued the parts together and then used the liquid resin and my UV light to fill in the gaps as best I could. Then I sanded everything so it all would become one. Yes, it was a lot of work. I am so glad that I took the time as it came out great!

Installed the rear greeblie plate to the back of the fuselage head and lastly made the metal chin guns and installed them.

The forward fuselage is now permanently attached to the rest of the ship.

The cockpit is just sitting in place as I still need to run fiber optics into the console.

FF1.jpg
FF2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah....!!!

She's looking GOOD !!!!!!!!

I always forget, until I see another build, just how Very Hard and Difficult it is to build one of these things in perfect alignment, in "true" and "square" shape, but yours looks Super Tight all the way around.

(That bottom photo itself, given the angle, makes it look like it jumped into hyperspace so fast that the canopy blew off!)

Very impressive work, sir. Can't wait to see it painted and decaled and weathered...

Here's the technique I've been using with a Proxxon hand tool mounted in their fixed stand: thinner saw blade, rotate the Egg counter clock-wise against the cut of the sawblade, go very slowly and consistently; you get a guaranteed consistent height all the way around, MUCH longer time to complete each cut, but it works. End result: exactly 69.5mm O.D. across the diameter of the cut at the new base.

How to Cut your L'eggs Pantyhose to 69.5mm.jpg

Sometimes one gets sidetracked...

I think he will fit in great with all the 1/24 scale models I have built/working on/need to build.

1/24 scale Han Solo (waiting for the putty in the seams to dry).
Han Solo.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think it's just the two rockets, on their pylons, turned horizontally inwards to face each other, that makes it "look" like there are other parts 'between' each of the rockets.

Studio Kitbash,

So your saying:
Parts 37-40.
Parts 36.
Parts 4-7.

All trimmed of course to make the gun?

At first I'm thinking a part was missing from my kit. Now I think I see it.

As always... Thank you for the help!

72 airfix mosquito parts.jpg

Another sidetrack on my own build thread.

I started to work on the engine greeblies. The cast parts from Masterpiece Models are so bad in mold release that I can not get them clean. No matter what I have tried to clean them with. I am actually ticked off about it. I will now have to make my own parts. You will see that I had to remove parts that were already glued in place. Removed due to the above issue.

I had a few kits arrive to go towards my Y-Wing build. Just need to molds the parts. I will do this once I can get some more mold and casting supplies. Covid has put a dampener on that so...

I am now tinkering on a few kits. One of them is the 1/24 scale BSG Viper MK II.

Why? I was finally able to get a hold of a WORKING Dradis for this kit. This was the only thing that kept me from building the kit.
I saw a video showing a working Dradis on the QMX replica and said to myself "I WANT THAT" for my build.
Just recently I see one available and jumped on it. It has arrived.

Box Art:
20200428_152729.jpg

My progress so far with the Y-Wing in the photo to show size differences.
20200429_121735.jpg

Dradis
Dradis.jpg

Screen cut out for the Dradis.
20200429_121822.jpg

Decals (not sure who's ship I will be doing just yet).
decals.jpg

"So say we all".

Another sidetrack on my own build thread.

I started to work on the engine greeblies. The cast parts from Masterpiece Models are so bad in mold release that I can not get them clean. No matter what I have tried to clean them with. I am actually ticked off about it. I will now have to make my own parts. You will see that I had to remove parts that were already glued in place. Removed due to the above issue.

I had a few kits arrive to go towards my Y-Wing build. Just need to molds the parts. I will do this once I can get some more mold and casting supplies. Covid has put a dampener on that so...

I am now tinkering on a few kits. One of them is the 1/24 scale BSG Viper MK II.

Why? I was finally able to get a hold of a WORKING Dradis for this kit. This was the only thing that kept me from building the kit.
I saw a video showing a working Dradis on the QMX replica and said to myself "I WANT THAT" for my build.
Just recently I see one available and jumped on it. It has arrived.

Box Art:
View attachment 1292646

My progress so far with the Y-Wing in the photo to show size differences.
View attachment 1292647
Dradis
View attachment 1292653
Screen cut out for the Dradis.
View attachment 1292648
Decals (not sure who's ship I will be doing just yet).
View attachment 1292652

"So say we all".
What are you using for a power supply for the Dradus?
I have one for my 1/18 T-70 x-wing, I’ve found a pretty cheap way to power it....but I’m always open to new ideas!

I will be using a 9v power supply. Then a DC step down power converter to the Dradis (from ebay). Hope that helps.
Note: image shows input+ twice. The one (top right) is actually a Output+.
dc pwr conv.jpg

Similar to what I’m using. I have a BEC (battery eliminator circuit), which is basically what you have. I think I got 3 of them for $8, and they are smaller than a dime.

Mine has an input range from 9-30VDC, and an output of either 5V or 9V. I’m using a LiPo battery, 7.4Volts/ 850mah, but could go bigger.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back