Red Jammer Y-WING build by dtssyst

Made more progress today on the port side.
I had to scratch a couple tiny bits but otherwise the greeblies from Studio Kitbash are phenominal.
So much more to do. Yet, I am in no hurry.
0703191819_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Real metal piping? Man, you have WAY more patience (and skill) than I had -- I tried it, but got nowhere close to remotely plausible with any of my bends, so this is really impressive. I used the DuBro metal pipe bender, had both sizes, but still didn't get anything looking as good as your pipe bends. What's the trick?

Real metal piping? Man, you have WAY more patience (and skill) than I had -- I tried it, but got nowhere close to remotely plausible with any of my bends, so this is really impressive. I used the DuBro metal pipe bender, had both sizes, but still didn't get anything looking as good as your pipe bends. What's the trick?
Lots of errors. Lol
I stopped and will order solid not hollow tubes. Much more uniform bends.
I have two different pipe benders. Combination of them and pliers without teeth helped a lot.

Engine thruster progress and test fit.

They fit perfectly!

I printed the two 'cores' and eight 'fins' for the thruster assembly on our Photon resin printer.
I also molded and cast parts needed from an original Saturn rocket kit. They came out perfect for my needs.
All parts are glued together.

Next up: I need to add the greeblies (from Studio Kitbash).
Then wire in the led's so both thruster assemblies can be permanently installed into the engines.

Please see attached photos of the fully assembled thrusters and my test fit into the y-wing engines.
20191212_141926.jpg

20191212_142054.jpg

Gosh those Shure Are Purdy!

Remember when you attach them to the model permanently, to have the little circular widget on the cooling fins heat sinks facing directly towards the body (on both sides, so left one faces right, right one faces left). A mistake I made/learned the hard way!

Last edited:
those fins look great!
Curious why you printed them, though, when you could've used the donor heat sinks?

Main body of the ship just needs a few small pieces of polystyrene chips added here and there. I will add more pipes once I get more of the kit done (such as the engines). Otherwise, I think the main body is finished.
A few parts are still unknown to me so I scratched them or made due with a different greeblie that was 'close enough' for me.
I will be working on the engines next!

20200129_171413.jpg

20200129_171751.jpg

20200129_172003.jpg

20200129_173216.jpg

20200129_173225.jpg

20200129_173238.jpg

Last edited:
Engine Thrusters are done.
3D printed parts from my Photon printer, resin castings from a vintage Airfix Saturn Rocket, and greeblies from Studio Kitbash.
Also used: Polystyrene 264 and 244 for the channel and half round pieces.

I know it is not 100% match to Red Jammer. It is actually more accurate to the Gold Y-Wing. I did not like the Red Jammer starboard engines lack of detail.
20200203_072047.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back