Red Jammer Y-WING build by dtssyst

Joe,

Sorry if you never got an answer on the L'eggs Eggs cut-back question: the answer is both easier and trickier than you think:

Cut off 1.2cm from the bottom of the top "dome-shaped" Egg half (not the bottom "sphere-shaped" egg half), but then measure the OD across the counterpoint: What you are "really" after is an Outer Dimensional measurement of 69.5mm in order to achieve both a "perfect fit" on the Saturn V that also/simultaneously does not allow the Egg/Nacelle Cover to "overhang" the ridges of the Saturn V, but sits just "inside" it perfectly. Depending on which year production of Saturn V you're using (original 1976 version, or post-1994 version), you may get some variance, so you actually want about ten eggs to play with, of which a few will get "burned" in the process. What I do with my burned duds is then recycle them to make either a.) rear vectral shrouds or else b.) chop them up for all the little plate-on pieces that go all around the nacelle cover at the four points where the tie-down nurnies get attached.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Man,
I appreciate the info. I should have realized that the back of the dome needs to match the diameter of the Saturn part. Slaps head , ; ) Oh well that's what we all do here. Remind each other of stuff we should already know, LOL. Great idea on using broken eggs for plating, that's one I didn't think of . I have a few broken eggs that I didn't have a use for. I used to tease my sister about the her panty hose. But she still saved the eggs for me. I didn't know at the time they were used on the Y Wing. I was going to use them for nose cones on model rockets. If I only knew then all the models and doo dads we use. I'd be rich ! Thanks again,

Joe

Last edited:
I just wanted to show that progress has been made.
Two more parts to clean up and then the fun resumes.
ft9lNRA.jpg

Not wanting my parts to pop off easily, I figured resin is the best route to go.
I ran out of resin and must get more so I can finish casting the parts.
A bit of cleanup needed on a few of the parts shown. I really am glad I went this way. The parts look so much better than my first attempt.

Getting very close to where I was... before the dark times, before the Empire.

dCeFGzl.jpg

Not wanting my parts to pop off easily, I figured resin is the best route to go.
I ran out of resin and must get more so I can finish casting the parts.
A bit of cleanup needed on a few of the parts shown. I really am glad I went this way. The parts look so much better than my first attempt.

Getting very close to where I was... before the dark times, before the Empire.

View attachment 1015695

Wow! Resin casts look fantastic! Clean-up will be a breeze. Love it.

Need help in where these parts come from. Any and all help is appreciated. Attached photo is from Scott Graham.
Part ID.jpg

UPDATE: Thank you Scott for the fast reply.
Tamiya 1/35 Command Post Car M577

Last edited:
Here we go again.
Resin fuselage from my molds that were made using the updated 3D parts (printed on my Anet A8 printer). The wires are installed and ready to go for lighting.
I went heavy with putty. Not intentional. Just means I will be doing a lot more sanding than really needs to be done.
A few more parts to glue on for the main fuselage. Then I can once again start putting on greeblies.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Finally!!! I am almost back to where I was with this build.
I have attached a few parts not previously seen on my build thread. A few that you have seen are getting ready to be attached.
Lots more parts to find/id/fabricate for the bottom and top. Soon the sides can be started (happy dance).

The aluminum armature is all new as well due to the new length of the updated fuselage parts.

NOTE: please don't ask... I am not selling resin cast copies of the fuselage parts.

Top.jpg

Bottom.jpg

I have made a tiny bit of progress.

What is holding me back? I am in search of a few parts (see images below).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Such as a casting of the part(s) I need or informing me on what kit(s) they come from.

1. Airfix OO Harrow (Part #4)
2. 1/24 Bandai Panther
3. Hasegawa 1/72 fuel truck axle also Hasegawa 1/72 Gasoline Tank Truck (I have the Gasoline truck kit)
4. I Need The kit ID and or a resin cast of this part
5. Handley Page
6. Airfix 1/24 Hurricane yolk, trimmed. (I have this part)
7. Tamiya 1/25 Centurion MK III. (I have this part)
8. 1/48 Otaki Japanese plane ?

Unknown.jpeg

(This information is from the Studio Kitbash build thread. Posting it here as I too need help in finding these parts.)

Also looking for the following part to be ID'd or a resin cast of this part...

Starboard Part 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you to Studio Kitbash for helping with where this part(s) come from.
Still need a lot of help with the other ID's above.

Cut from the rear forward fuselage sub assembly.
Starboard Part 1 found.jpg

This part is cut from the Centurion part.
Bottom 3 found.jpg

Tamiya 1/25 Centurion MKIII (ID is from a Facebook member named Ron)
Tamiya 25 scale Centurion MKIII.jpg

Last edited:
David, I think I have a couple extra of the Centurion parts...I’ll dig though my stash mid week, if you can wait that long.

No need for the Centurion Part, I have it. But thank you for the offer.

Still looking for the parts that are in post #51.

That what you need? I found one...I’ll see if I can find another.

Attachments

• 994D1B67-D493-4F59-9211-3D59855DD8C4.jpeg
    994D1B67-D493-4F59-9211-3D59855DD8C4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back