Sorry if you never got an answer on the L'eggs Eggs cut-back question: the answer is both easier and trickier than you think:
Cut off 1.2cm from the bottom of the top "dome-shaped" Egg half (not the bottom "sphere-shaped" egg half), but then measure the OD across the counterpoint: What you are "really" after is an Outer Dimensional measurement of 69.5mm in order to achieve both a "perfect fit" on the Saturn V that also/simultaneously does not allow the Egg/Nacelle Cover to "overhang" the ridges of the Saturn V, but sits just "inside" it perfectly. Depending on which year production of Saturn V you're using (original 1976 version, or post-1994 version), you may get some variance, so you actually want about ten eggs to play with, of which a few will get "burned" in the process. What I do with my burned duds is then recycle them to make either a.) rear vectral shrouds or else b.) chop them up for all the little plate-on pieces that go all around the nacelle cover at the four points where the tie-down nurnies get attached.
Hope this helps!
Wow! Resin casts look fantastic! Clean-up will be a breeze. Love it.Not wanting my parts to pop off easily, I figured resin is the best route to go.
I ran out of resin and must get more so I can finish casting the parts.
A bit of cleanup needed on a few of the parts shown. I really am glad I went this way. The parts look so much better than my first attempt.
Getting very close to where I was... before the dark times, before the Empire.
View attachment 1015695