Red Guardian helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dumdumuk

I am attempting to make a Red Guardian helmet from foam and have seen a template available on etsy for a very fair price. My issue is that I do not have a printer and am unsure about resizing these templates to my own measurements. Any hints or tips on how to resize templates? Are there specific measurements to take? Do you think I would be out of order to ask the seller to create me a foam kit if I give them required measurements?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Peralton

If you lack a printer, you can tape paper onto your PC monitor and trace it, old-school-style. Just make sure your zoom level is the same each time.

As for measurements, you can measure some standard circumferences, such as around your forehead, and try to adjust one part to that size. Print/trace, try it out (remember foam is thicker than paper) then adjust. Once you have that down, you can do the rest of the parts.

As for asking for a kit, it would be far cheaper to buy a cheap printer just for this project than to have someone else do the work.

I hope that helps!

Can you share the Etsy link as I'm also thinking about making an RG helmet.

Dumdumuk

If you lack a printer, you can tape paper onto your PC monitor and trace it, old-school-style. Just make sure your zoom level is the same each time.

As for measurements, you can measure some standard circumferences, such as around your forehead, and try to adjust one part to that size. Print/trace, try it out (remember foam is thicker than paper) then adjust. Once you have that down, you can do the rest of the parts.

As for asking for a kit, it would be far cheaper to buy a cheap printer just for this project than to have someone else do the work.

I hope that helps!

Can you share the Etsy link as I'm also thinking about making an RG helmet.
Thanks for the ideas. I'll look into some of them.

Here's the link Red Guardian Helmet Foam PATTERN / TEMPLATE | Etsy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.