Red Guardian (Black Widow 2020) - Fabric Search

Peralton

Hey, all.

I'm looking at what it will take to recreate the Red Guardian costume seen in the recent Black Widow trailer. The fabric looks to have a very tight hexagon texture to it. Anyone have a thought on where it came from , or something similar?

RedGuardian06.jpg

Thanks.

Glad to see someone working on the Black Widow movie. It's also nice to see another plus size hero!!! I can't really help, I just think this is a great project!!

It's 100% screenprinted on. They do it for all of their suits nowadays. I'd contact White Sheep Leather about it. They've started doing some screenprinted suits, but honestly I'd just go with their Textured Stretch Fabric. It's what I got my BuckyCap in, and I love it. Shockingly comfortable.

It's 100% screenprinted on. They do it for all of their suits nowadays. I'd contact White Sheep Leather about it. They've started doing some screenprinted suits, but honestly I'd just go with their Textured Stretch Fabric. It's what I got my BuckyCap in, and I love it. Shockingly comfortable.

Comfortable is always nice. Last thing I want is a sweatbox cocoon for an outfit. I will check out White Sheep, though I was hoping to get fabric by the yard so I could build it myself.

Glad to see someone working on the Black Widow movie. It's also nice to see another plus size hero!!! I can't really help, I just think this is a great project!!

As someone who long ago had my Imperial Officer's uniform 'shrink' beyond being wearable, it's nice to see something I don't need six-pack abs to fit! I think he's going to be a popular cosplay!

As soon as I saw David Harbour in this, I decided not to cut my hair anymore. Not many cosplays for a guy with a beard and a shaved head. At least, not much in the genre's I like.

Reminds me of the texture on the Daredevil suits. Second vote for White Sheep Leather. Their Textured stretch fabric is great weathers nicely, here's my Endgame Cap suit from them (just the base not the accessories).

Endgame suit.jpg

Really hoping to see this gain some traction. Just watched the latest trailer and Im totally in on the Red Guardian.

I second that. Don't wanna hijack this thread, but I'd like to see this topic pick up. I completed the helmet and would love to get some more ideas for the rest of his fit.

download_redguardian_helmet.jpgdownload_redguardian_helmet2.jpgdownload_redguardian_helmet3.jpgdownload_redguardian_helmet4.jpg

His suit with all the straps gives a paratrooper feel or something, with his origin maybe some kind of Russian military design base with the heavy straps and extras. I'm also looking into something similar myself being a bigger built guy with a big beard lol ironically enough working on a hellboy as well lol

I love that you are working on this suit! I agree about the textured stretch fabric as it will look good and be comfortable.

The 3rd trailer dropped today, so I grabbed more screenshots. More details on the suit have appeared. Elbows, blurry boot, the BACK of the outfit!

RedGuardian (3).png

RedGuardian (2).png

RedGuardian (5).png

RedGuardian (10).png

RedGuardian (15).png

RedGuardian (18).png

RedGuardian (7).png

I'm finishing up the helmet from the few scenes in the teaser. I will have a pattern for 1/4" foam available soon if you are interested...

I'd very much appreciate a pattern. I'm new to helmets, so my investigations are revealing more skills being required than i have time to learn!

I'd very much appreciate a pattern. I'm new to helmets, so my investigations are revealing more skills being required than i have time to learn!
Sorry for the delay. This version was done from less reference material, but I think the edging and sides are the only areas that could be revised. Hope this helps you get started.

There's also this helmet on the market now. For $25, it doesnt look too bad. The straps are junk though. Anyone think they could mod this to have more accurate straps?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200806-024426_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806-024426_eBay.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Screenshot_20200806-024455_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806-024455_eBay.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_20200806-024520_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806-024520_eBay.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 159
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back