Red Dwarf Props - what's out there?

Thanks mate.

Here are the pics of Starbug, as promised:

001au8.jpg

004pw1.jpg

This is a great little Strabug replica, especially for the price (RRP £29.99).
Product Enterprise have really paid a lot of attention to detail. In direct comparisons against screen-grabs of the exterior of the real Starbug, this toy matches the model suprisingly closely.
There are a few small areas which have been compromised - the engine detaling is not as complex as the screen used model, some of the small detailing is not quite proportionate either - but these are small details and easily customisable.
I intend to detail the paint scheme further - the 'out of the box' paint job is very good for a small model/toy, but some airbrush work and added detailing & weathering will definately enhance the display.
The interior of the ship is also very detailed and quite inventive - everything is there from a pop-up Holly, Listers guitar, the kitchen, cockpit, sleeping quarters...even a table complete with curry stains. Likewise, the 4 small Lister, Rimmer, Cat and Kryten figures are well done and nicely detailed. The electronics are quite cool, although the sound bytes from the series sound a little slowed down. Still funny though:

"You have personal habits that would make a monkey blush!"

"All hands on desk! Swirly thing alert!"

:lol

Overall, PE have done a great job with this Starbug - these are sold out at the Product Enterprise site but are still available on eBay. I'm sure they won't be around for long, so if you have the means and the inclination to own your own little slice of smegtasticness, I highly recommend picking one up.:thumbsup

Here is a pic of the pre-production version that I won on a charity auction at a RD convention weekend:

starbug%20Front.JPG

I also have the 'production' version too.

SAS

Cool prototype - was that at a Dimension Jump weekend?

Here's the same Starbug model after a revised paintjob:

016wz2.jpg

018lq5.jpg

020yz4.jpg

Still a few more touches to add and I might tone down some of the metallic silver on the leg struts, but I think it looks much better now. :)

Hi dwarves

Heres the WIldfire prop I got - Its a good size and in nice condition - the window needs a repair but otherwise its excellent overall.

The pics are big - I`ll try to make them clickable....

wildfire_004.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my small and humble RD display, so far. I have a couple of other bits coming too so it'll get fleshed out a bit in the coming weeks:

002nr5.jpg

Here's another screen used RD prop I've purchased from 'Prop Store':

rd0093das8.jpg

rd0093csw8.jpg

rd0093deg9.jpg

It was listed as 'Black Gadget' but I've positively ID'd it as a PARTICLE ANALYSER from the 7th season episode Nanarchy. It's the RD equivalent of a Tricorder, I suppose.

There's some really nice props on here, some of the models on this programme are among my favourite Sci/ Fi miniatures, I always loved the Justice ship.

My friend worked on this series between the 3rd and 5th - possibly 6th, I'll have to double check- seasons, we were talking about this last night actually. He foamed up the original heads for Kryten ( Llewellyn version- the very first foam head was manufactured by the same people who did the Btaman cowels ) and worked on the original suit.. somewhere in his garage he was telling me that he still has vac formed sections left over from filming! The suit kept being altered because RL went a bit crazy out on the town and kept putting on weight- apparently the suit had to be widened by an extra 3 inches for series four!

I'd be really interested to see the vac formed sections he mentioned - intriguing! Any chance he could dig them out and snap a few pics?

Thanks mate.

Here are the pics of Starbug, as promised:

001au8.jpg

004pw1.jpg

This is a great little Strabug replica, especially for the price (RRP £29.99).
Product Enterprise have really paid a lot of attention to detail. In direct comparisons against screen-grabs of the exterior of the real Starbug, this toy matches the model suprisingly closely.
There are a few small areas which have been compromised - the engine detaling is not as complex as the screen used model, some of the small detailing is not quite proportionate either - but these are small details and easily customisable.
I intend to detail the paint scheme further - the 'out of the box' paint job is very good for a small model/toy, but some airbrush work and added detailing & weathering will definately enhance the display.
The interior of the ship is also very detailed and quite inventive - everything is there from a pop-up Holly, Listers guitar, the kitchen, cockpit, sleeping quarters...even a table complete with curry stains. Likewise, the 4 small Lister, Rimmer, Cat and Kryten figures are well done and nicely detailed. The electronics are quite cool, although the sound bytes from the series sound a little slowed down. Still funny though:

"You have personal habits that would make a monkey blush!"

"All hands on desk! Swirly thing alert!"

:lol

Overall, PE have done a great job with this Starbug - these are sold out at the Product Enterprise site but are still available on eBay. I'm sure they won't be around for long, so if you have the means and the inclination to own your own little slice of smegtasticness, I highly recommend picking one up.:thumbsup

Glad you like it, it's sooo rare to get positive feedback! I made the prototype for this product nearly five years ago, great project! If you're interested, there's an Easter Egg on the Red Dwarf III DVD about the toy!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back