Red Dwarf Papercraft (Pep) props

Any pics of the Kryten head next to someone's real head for size comparison? Is an updated, maybe larger (I think the first try at unfolding it was a bit on the small side?), version still being worked on?

@howlrunner did you not not notice my unfold? it was completely different and we test built and said it was too large so we scaled it down for download we could take a photo of the one i unfolded and testbuilt but it would be too large so not much point as the download will be smaller :D we are going to do another one when detachabletoe has done some editing but that may not be for a while as this one took alot of work please read through thread for more details :D

I saw your photo of the built head (looks great!) but missed that you thought it was too big and that you scaled it down for download. I'll check out what you've made available. :thumbsup

Re: Red Dwarf Kryten head - Can anyone unfold this 3D .obj model in Pepakura?

luv pepakura so kool to work with.:cool

Re: Red Dwarf Kryten head - Can anyone unfold this 3D .obj model in Pepakura?

@Howlrunner k cool if you still think theres problem with the size let me know i will gladly change it :D Anything i can do to help fellow red dwarf fans i will do
@macat yeah its fantastic! :D

I've just finished a build of your updated model and to me its spot on ,I'll post a pic later today .

Keep up the good work !!

Okay, here are the lightbees, with uvs and textures. Be warned the textures are a bit iffy, simple diffuse textures don't really lend themselves to the shiny/glossy materials that the light bees are made from.

I've also included the updated Kryten head + texture. Parts of Kryten's texture may look weird, that's due to my being lazy about updating the uvs :p Don't worry it will look fine when applied to the model.

@paperjon: I'm afraid I don't get your question :confused

Also I think this updated Kryten head is probably worth unfolding again. That's up to you though.

@Howlrunner: If paperjon decides to unfold the latest Kryten, I think it is a far better representation of Kryten's head. So you might want to wait a bit.

@DetachableToe Thanks so much for all your great work again, i really cant thank you enough. As for textures if people want it shiny gess they could print it on glossy paper of paint it.
My question was a bit vague sorry i meant how do you make the models hollow, in blender so theres nothing inside them. Its something i just cant figure out how to do in blender hope you understand me now.
I will get to work on the lightbee`s as soon as i get some spare time (way too much work to do at the mo it sucks) should hopefully get them unfolded by the end of the week hopefully especially as i am away the weekend so want to get lots done before then.
As for kryten i will nfold it after lightbee`s are done :D
Thanks again you my friend are a legend!

@Everyone Hi all im back been a little busy anyway im sure seeing this post will make this thread alive again (i hope). Check below my ramblings for some nice PDO`s. Anyway the main thing i wanna say is so many of you are visiting this thread without posting we need feedback good or bad(although hopfull good :D) it will just keep us going. Me and my fiancée will be testbuilding all the PDO`s below soon so note models below are not final version but very nearly and perfectly build-able :D.

All below files have 3 PDO`s included textured with lines, textured without lines and white(no textures)/ fold line guide.

Kryten head latest version unfolded ( sharing this as Daze68 didn't for some reason?)
Download Here
Season 4 Lightbee (all these lightbees will be tricky but will look awesome built)
Download Here
Season 6 Lightbee
Download Here
Season 7 Lightbee
(coming soon this one is causing a little trouble)

Again please comment Thankyou! :D

Fantastic work Paperjon ,I didn't share my unfold as it was really quite a mess and a dificult build .I've only been doing this a couple of weeks after discovering this thread whilst looking for ideas to help me build a costume of Kryten and I've still got alot to learn :confused

@Daze68 Thanks :D, oh ok that makes sense your build was fantastic though if you need help with pepakura/papercraft let me know i will do my best to help

Now that paperjon is back, here are the various parts to Kryten's suit.
Comments? Anything to change?

@Daze68: Dunno how I missed your build, it looks great! Good job :)

@paperjon: Yeah, the series 7 light bee is a bit finicky.

As for the modelling question, I'm quite an unefficient modeller so I'm afraid I don't really have any tricks. Just a lot of manual filling of faces.

@DetachableToe Oh ok fair enough thanks anyway :D As for the Kryten suit looks great to me, im definitely willing to unfold it but:

1. I have never done multi part unfolds before well i have but i join the pieces together before i take them to pep. So basically i need some advice from others of how to keep parts in scale etc

2. Also what size should i make this anyway as people are hoping to make it into a costume i believe.

and 3. How will people be attaching these parts to a costume? just wondering as pads in particular could cause issues.

@Paperjon... Whoot!! I new Krytie head to play with! YEY

@Daze68... I see you too would like to create a full Kryten costume...so would I

@DetachableToe..... Wow!!! You have been a busy boy. I really wish I could unfold these...
I clicked unfold on the chest unit, and had all the parts squished onto one page..LOL Don't think that's gonna be any use to anyone. ROFL!!
Think I need a teacher on hold to unfold models..LOL

@anyone...PLEASE UNFOLD THE KRYTIE SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Paperjon....My intention for a wearable costume, was to use these pep files to create a template, which I could then trace out onto 10mm Closed-cell Foam..Then Cut and glue the parts together....Then, I'll be experimenting on how to hide the seams and joints and to give the finished pieces a painted finish.

For the underbody suit...I've been looking into possible boiler suits, or full body protective suits ( the cheap white suits you can buy in DIY shops ) Which will be dyed/ air brushed to match the colour of the undersuit.

The Round Monitor will be mounted onto some stretchy fabric, which will go across the wait and will be fastened with velcro at the back..
The arm and thigh pads I'm thinking, either attached using elasticated straps, Or glueing onto place on the underbody suit

As for the forearms..Gloves...Boots and shins.....????

Well, let's see what the future brings

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back