Red Dragon Dolarhyde Scrapbook

JANDERS10

Sr Member
Hello,
I'm going to have a 'stab' at some of the pages from the Toothfairy scrapbook , and for starters wanted to know if anyone knows the size of the pages?
They look smaller than the British A3 29 cm x 42 cm.
vlcsnap-2015-09-02-21h35m19s236.jpg
Any ideas?

Just inquiring how your progress for this is going. Would love to see pics.

The page spread looks to be A2 in size, but it looks smaller as the binding isn't the usual signature type, (i.e. group of booklets sewn together), but rather a load of A3 pages, stacked on top of each other, and then sewn through all of the pages on the spine. That's my take on it anyway.

US movie, probably a US paper size... "Letter" size is 8.5 x 11 inches, but a standard size for scrapbooks is 12 x 12 inches (possibly more recent than the film).

Your screencap looks a little compressed horizontally. Perhaps you could use the glue stick in the upper right corner to estimate the size?

-MJ

Thanks Guys. Finding the right size is proving to be a pain. I may just settle for the correct proportions. The pages seem very long compared to width. I;ll take your advice MJ and go back to the movie to check.
Will post photos when I have something.

IIRC, a lot of unused filler articles were auctioned off after production.

-MJ

Attachments

• Lecter Articles.jpg
    Lecter Articles.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 665
Wish I could get hold of some of these originals. Although I have grabbed some images of them off the net to begin this project.

Maybe if you got the thread moved to the free paper props forum, people that have them, might feel helpful and upload some, if they have them that is.

Maybe shoot this guy an email, tell him you are making a replica, and will give him one if he provides some scans? http://thehannibalpropsmuseum.blogspot.ie/search/label/Red dragon movie props

Considering doing one myself, to sit beside my first print of Larousse Gastronomique on the book shelf :D

This any good? Presume you have a save of the pic already.

Red Dragon.jpg

Someone seems to have done a good version of the TV show book, although I don't know if it is screen accurate:

http://microlina.tumblr.com/post/127540042054/francis-dolarhydes-book-source-x

Last edited:
A good replica indeed.
I've decided to settle for the same scale pages, as the rez on the 'newspaper' cutouts is not too high.
Then I can put it next to my my first print of Larousse Gastronomique on my shelf too !
IMG_1295.JPG

Last edited:
You can scan your Larousse and make a replica insert page for the marked 'sweetbreads,' too.

Attachments

• Sweetbreads.jpg
    Sweetbreads.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 345
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back