Recognize Any Kit Bash Parts from this Lando Blaster?

Another try to necro-bump an old thread :)

I´ll offer a full PondaBaba blaster kit OR $100 CASH for the first person, who´s able to correctly identify the addon parts :thumbsup

I can´t believe that the parts haven´t been identified by now :confused
Given the fact, that all you studioscale modeleres pretty much had every available kit of the last decades in hand and studied it for parts used on your ships and vehicles...there HAS TO BE someone with the correct kit(s) for this prop!!! ;)

Markus

Last edited:
You´re probably right, BUT I´d be willing to make a small run of these once all parts are identified ;)

Isn´t there any website with actual pics of the various parts-trees for tanks, armored cars etc. I remember seeing something like that in the past, but couldn´t find it again.

Help us studioscale-modellers of the RPF, you´re our only hope ;)

Markus

BUT maybe you need to make them available before anyone would be interested in locating parts!

You´re probably right, BUT I´d be willing to make a small run of these once all parts are identified ;)

Isn´t there any website with actual pics of the various parts-trees for tanks, armored cars etc. I remember seeing something like that in the past, but couldn´t find it again.

Help us studioscale-modellers of the RPF, you´re our only hope ;)

Markus

Hello again :)

Reviving an old thread ...again!!!

I really want to find the tank thread and possibly other greeblies, which were used on this blaster.
I herby offer a reward of 50 EURO (!) for the first one, who can provide information about the donor kit for the tank thread (and maybe even the muzzle tip, which is a tank barrel-tip IMHO).

thanks in advance,

Markus

Bumping this one because I've become obsessed with building this and several other of the more obscure blasters (Bespin security, Greedo, Jabba Henchmen).

Anything new discovered about these greeblies in the ensuing 4 years? I've started questing for model tank tread pictures....

I just found this thread that keeps getting resurrected every few years. While I don't have a clue what exact model kit the tank tracks were taken from I might narrow it down a bit hence the reason for my necroposting.

The tank tracks pictured seem to be German WW2 "Winterketten". Those were used during the Russian campaign to widen the tracks by attaching ice grousers to the sides of the regular tank tracks to have better grip on ice and snow.
Don't confuse them with "Ostketten"! Those were overall wider tank tracks.

Not sure if other armies used similar attachments, I only know them from German model tanks I've built over the years.

A picture of what model kit Winterketten look like:

Attachments

• Winterketten.JPG
    Winterketten.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
The front piece is absolutely a headshell from a turntable, I can't find it. I was looking for other parts from SW and came across these. Garrard, Sony, etc. don't seem to match

This pic angle makes it seem chunkier than a model tank track to me. Maybe a plastic electrical terminal strip?

51555362529_0ab22cd5b5_h.jpg

Last edited:
There would probably be more interest if there were H&K P9s replica in the first place;)

AND

there are so few reference pictures :(

The front piece is absolutely a headshell from a turntable, I can't find it. I was looking for other parts from SW and came across these. Garrard, Sony, etc. don't seem to match
It's actually a tape recorder button. Similar to the Sony one used on other ESB props.
I think I might have it figured out finally. Just need to find one for sale.

It's actually a tape recorder button. Similar to the Sony one used on other ESB props.
I think I might have it figured out finally. Just need to find one for sale.

Now that you mention it, I remember you telling me that this button is different from the ones used on the ESB E11, ATAT Helmets etc

Curious, what you come up with

Now that you mention it, I remember you telling me that this button is different from the ones used on the ESB E11, ATAT Helmets etc

Curious, what you come up with

It's similar enough that I thought it might still be a Sony, but I've ruled out most of the Sony models I've seen.
The TC-67 was made in 1977. Based on that, we're likely looking for a similar size recorder from 1980.
These buttons were also used on the speeder bike grips. I think they liked the other tape recorder so much last time they decided to get a few more for ROTJ greeblies.
Right now I found one that COULD be right, but I won't know until I can see it up close.
Worth the risk to buy and see, but not positive.
I'm still watching for any other models that could be it.

Looking at the mag plate again...is there a chance, that the gear is the exact same v8 part they also used on the ROTJ bunker bomb? the size seems to match. Need to test it on my real P9S.

Good idea! It's very likely the same gear.

This blaster prop was made by the UK prop department. The gun itself is probably just a solid casting. I haven't seen any airsofts old enough. There was one airsoft from 1986, but it had visible screws and other markings not present on the prop.

It's not tank tread. The UK prop department didn't use many model kit parts. It's much thicker too. I'm guessing some electronics part.

Good idea! It's very likely the same gear.

This blaster prop was made by the UK prop department. The gun itself is probably just a solid casting. I haven't seen any airsofts old enough. There was one airsoft from 1986, but it had visible screws and other markings not present on the prop.

It's not tank tread. The UK prop department didn't use many model kit parts. It's much thicker too. I'm guessing some electronics part.

Will check the size and post some pics asap

Might be worth considering to mold/ cast my P9S...hmm

Opinions?…just put a printed gear from Wannawanga onto the mag, since my real V8 part is on my bunker bomb

Size is looking sport on, just the raised section of the gear needs to be trimmed down a bit

Attachments

• 061F3A92-04FD-4A44-BEA1-1A0039DCCB7D.jpeg
    061F3A92-04FD-4A44-BEA1-1A0039DCCB7D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
  • FB517EC3-6E39-4F83-B4DF-F572C65EE1D4.jpeg
    FB517EC3-6E39-4F83-B4DF-F572C65EE1D4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • F6B382EC-37CC-467E-9288-C436AE6559D9.jpeg
    F6B382EC-37CC-467E-9288-C436AE6559D9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 76

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back