Recasting stormwatch

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Jan 11 2006, 08:21 PM
So, it appears an expulsion wont happen in the 501st, unless perhaps you commit some nefarious capital crime.  They clearly sent a message that recasting and stealing people's money, even when damning evidence is presented, is par for the course and is not really punishable in the eyes of the 501st.  :rolleyes  Go figure.
[snapback]1156594[/snapback]​

That's not true. I myself brought charges against a member for, among other things, taking advantage of other members financially and he was kicked out just a couple months ago. Another person brought recasting charges against a member and the accusation was researched with a detailed photographic study by a Council member (I'm not sure if the findings have been officially released). Theft and recasting is most definately punishable by removal. The problem is, people toss out the recasting accusation if someone looks at them sideways, so unless detailed evidence is brought, nothing will be done about that.

Also, I just heard from the Indy order person. I was told they've been in communication with Mike and they are cool with their arrangment.

Listen guys, I'll be the first person to go after a recaster if I have the evidence to do so. When I was on the council for the Rebel Legion, and a member of that group was accused of recasting Ken/Elvistrooper's stuff, I immediately brought it to their attention and we eventually brought about an end to the activity. I will not shelter a recaster if I have the evidence to deal with them.

Scott

Originally posted by Skaught@Jan 11 2006, 09:14 PM

Also, I just heard from the Indy order person.  I was told they've been in communication with Mike and they are cool with their arrangment.

[snapback]1156692[/snapback]​

Good to hear.

Now lets get the Chicago person her refund.

Scott, curious about this. How could you say this:

Originally posted by Skaught+Jan 11 2006, 12:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skaught @ Jan 11 2006, 12:48 PM)</div>
Yes, I know Glover has recast material before and I know there have been accusations of current issues.
[snapback]1156234[/snapback]​
[/b]
& then expect this NOT to happen?

<!--QuoteBegin-Skaught
@Jan 11 2006, 12:48 PM
This "guilt by geography" knee jerk reaction really is unfair.
[snapback]1156234[/snapback]​
AND, if you KNOW that he's a recaster, why would you admit to banning others but not him? Being the CO & knowing that he's a recaster, why wouldn't you give him the equal punishment as these below?

Originally posted by Skaught@Jan 11 2006, 10:14 PM
That's not true.  I myself brought charges against a member for, among other things, taking advantage of other members financially and he was kicked out just a couple months ago.  Another person brought recasting charges against a member and the accusation was researched with a detailed photographic study by a Council member (I'm not sure if the findings have been officially released).  Theft and recasting is most definately punishable by removal.
[snapback]1156692[/snapback]​

Not getting on you, just wondering (as i'm sure others are) your thoughts on this.

*ss*

I know he *WAS* a recaster. That's never been in dispute. A previous administration (about three CO's ago) permitted his readmittance to the Legion after he repaired his past deals. I've inherited the situation.

Scott

Let's not let this become a blame game on Scott. He's always been upfront and an honest guy whom I've grown to respect. He'll do the right thing...

If you have issues with one of his troopers, take it up with him with solid proof not allegations. I'm not standing up for MG at all (most everyone knows his crummy history by now), but bringing this up every 6 months is getting old, even for me.

What is kind of funny then is that about a month ago on the Clone boards andother 501st member in Quebec recasted Glovers armor and another guys helmet.

let me just say i dont think the 501st should not be hassled for not getting rid of people. They are a charitable group who is also there to have fun. They do not choose to govern the lives of their members. They are simply there to bring together star wars costumers for a common goal, which is raising money for charities. If the 501st does not want to begin banning members it is their decision. Maybe they just prefer to focus on the trooping and stay out of other matters

Originally posted by CMANavy@Jan 13 2006, 05:24 AM
What is kind of funny then is that about a month ago on the Clone boards andother 501st member in Quebec recasted Glovers armor and another guys helmet.
[snapback]1157690[/snapback]​

Poetic Justice. ;) I just feel bad for the helmet maker...

Im not defending or condemning Mg on his past or current issues as Im not totally familiar with them.
I also am not sure if he recast any of his CT armor, I do know that some pieces at one point shortly after another CT armorer came to be and sold a few sets to people in certain areas of FL, looked very very close to other ct makers stuff but has since then been altered to his own liking. Also I do know at one time Mg had a partner on his CT stuff which ended badly so in the beginning there were two people to contend with on certain issues. And the funniest thing was MG and another Armorer were refining the same piece at the same time :rolleyes :rolleyes so both sets were offered with a promise of a new chest piece to replace the current one.
ALSO: I do know that as far as a VERY REPUTABLE E2 helmet maker who Mg got a hold of one of his pieces, he didnt recast it himself BUT knew the recaster and pushed the recasters wares as I also fell victim to this helmet recast under the assumption it was an original until it was in hand and Compared to the original I already possessed.
just my .02 move along :):):)

Lance
TC2640

Originally posted by Jumpin Jax@Jan 10 2006, 08:20 PM
Bear with me, definitely on-topic.
[snapback]1155747[/snapback]​
This is nothing but yellow journalism, yellow as pi$$. The thought police go after potential future crimes. How about facts vs loaded conjecture. The past may or may not be square, but it should be addressed based on facts. A pre-emptive strike of condemnation is abhorent to the idea of justice. These "Minority Report" tactics may be a scam themselves. MG had been working on Snowtrooper armor months ago, so with this type of accusation you want folks to assume it's some recent (and unrelated) shipment to FL recasted. I'm all for setting things right and against recasting, but how about not fighting fire with carpet bombing. Please leave your vigilante costumes at the door.

Before you choose to defend him, ask MG about his Clone Pistol lineage...

Last time I heard from Neo, he said he got the rights to recast it (very badly, I might add). The odd thing is that it exactly matches the dimensions of a certain RPF member's original casting sold in the JY. But I'm 'certain' MG was totally unaware he'd gotten the rights to recast a recast.

And after he posted on CT.net that he intended to 'procure' Mario's Clone helm molds to 'make it right' to all the people Mario ripped off (when MG can't even make the armor for folks he's owed for a while), that puts the icing on the cake. A known recaster saying he'll recast for the good of people who got screwed? That's rich of him.

Originally posted by rigormortis@Jan 13 2006, 09:33 PM
Before you choose to defend him, ask MG about his Clone Pistol lineage... 
[snapback]1158610[/snapback]​

I'm not defending anyone for actual deeds, as I have been scammed by too many. Still owed by Mario, Charlie & Mel Towers, Xeno Kenobi (who I understands remains a member here), bowjunkie (ditto), etc.

I also believe in the more frequent and more "liberal" use of the death penalty.

My only problem is painting states and people with "may happen, may not" vs did happen, now pay the consequences. People can make up their own mind if they want to do business with anyone, and track record typically is part of that decision. Future guilt is not a part of American jurisprudence, and as someone recently said, two wrongs do not make a right.

That is true. IMHO, Florida does not deserve to be painted by a wide brush. Personally, if the seller had reservations, they could have chosen not to sell to that buyer.

And I'm sorry to hear you've been burned - it happens far too often. I hope you've brought it to the attention of the mods here. I have zero tolerance for scammers in our hobby - I work too hard for the money to pay for props and have suffered to buy what I've wanted. If more people complained, we'd know who NOT to deal with.

Originally posted by Jumpin Jax@Jan 10 2006, 08:20 PM
Bear with me, definitely on-topic.
Recently, a mutul friend of myself and TE completed and shipped the first suit of his fantastic Snowtrooper armor, which is  marvel to see. Two such suits were shown in TK-412's Celebration 3 album of Movie-accurate suits.
To some dismay, it was realized that this suit was to be sent to Florida, and more than likely to a member of the Florida Garrison. This was not the issue; that it was the infamous Mike Glover's territory was.
This outfit is the culmanation of over two year's study and work on our friend's part, and that simply most disrespectful thing that could happen at this point would be duplicates cropping up from the very first sale, not to mention a seriously sh@@ thing to do. I am sending this out to any thaat may encounter Glover in the near future, so you will know, once again, that a "new product" of his will be a brand-new ripoff of someone else's work.
To the Florida Garrison, please makee sure that the lucky owner of this outfit would show appreciation best by politely declining any offers to make copies, no matter what offers may include.
This is also an announcement that any such copies would stand out and not go unnoticed or ignored. Recasting went too far long ago here, let's give it a rest.
Thank you,
JJ
[snapback]1155747[/snapback]​
umm if you read this its a warning that Mike Glover might ask the memeber or have some ask the FG member to cast the said suit. It's a warning to be aware the Mike could come out with a "new improved" suit that is a recast. One of the old suits Mike had was a crappy snowtrooper suit and I could see the concern about this. It does not say that anything sent to Flordia is expect to be recasted by memebers of the FG. Its just a red flag to say be aware of possible recasting of the suit showing up on the market. It has happen with every suit. There are recasters on both coast.

My question still remains. Has it been proven that the CT armor produced by MG is or was a recast of someone elses work? And if so who's armor was it cast off of?

Originally posted by ImprisonedFett@Jan 17 2006, 03:10 PM
My question still remains.  Has it been proven that the CT armor produced by MG is or was a recast of someone elses work? And if so who's armor was it cast off of?
[snapback]1161358[/snapback]​

His armor is an original sculpt. He has revised it several times, and several people have recast it also. Maybe that is where some confusion comes in.

looked very very close to other ct makers stuff but has since then been altered to his own liking

For the longest time MM7 and Mike were the only one's making clone armor. Don't know where you are getting this idea from. Seems like an uncalled for swipe at the competition. There are only his original sculpt clone pieces on his armor, no TK pieces to be found.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back