LandronArtifact

Just for the record... contrary to the common saying, "thievery is the most sincere form of flattery"... NO! In fact it shows you're a talentless, shameless scumbag. In this case, some clown (unfortunately my namesake) in Valencia, Spain, who purchased a Siva Linga Stone replica from me, very soon after proceeded to take it upon his own authority and poor judgment to make a mold of my work and sell copies of it on his Etsy store filled with quite possibly other recast work not his own. He also has an eBay and Amazon account under the same name selling the same stuff.

The guy is not very bright as it didn't take a detective to find out the seller is the same guy who I sold my Sankara Stone to just a month ago. He really wasted no time to claim my sculpt as his own and crank out resin copies like it's his solemn duty.

His real name is Alberto Cerezo Ledesma and lives in Valencia, Spain. His storefronts all over the internet (Etsy, eBay, Amazon, etc.) are all named LaRetrotienda.

His LinkedIn page:
https://es.linkedin.com/in/alberto-cerezo-ledesma-144433217

Screenshot of his Etsy profile:
laretrotiendaprofile.png

sankararipoff_exhibitB.jpeg

sankararipoff_exhibitC.jpeg

The simple audacity of this guy just confounds my comprehension. His profile page boasts "unique and hand-made gifts". If by "hand-made" he took 5 minutes to hand-mix some silicone and cast someone else's hard work and make bootleg copies at a profit, then, I guess it's sort of true. Funny thing is he's charging way more for his inferior copies than I do for mine!

I had already sent him a surprise message on his Etsy page saying "Did you think I wouldn't notice what you did with the stone I sold you recently? Do me a favor and destroy any molds you made of it and stop selling copies of my work." And I also emailed him directly. No response of course. Yet. But very soon he'll realize he's messed with the wrong guy.

For all my followers, fans of my work, fellow makers here in the community, and loyal customers who've supported my hobby and hard work throughout the years, please spread the word on this seller, report him to Ebay, Etsy, Amazon, etc., and make him famous on every message board you can. I think a little public shaming should be enough to make someone think twice before thinking they can get away with thievery.

Also, to my fellow makers, PLEASE take the time to peruse through his offerings on his Etsy page and make sure he hasn't stolen one of YOUR pieces as well!

So, hey, Alberto, if you're reading this... PAYBACK IS COMING!

Besides the markings, it's striking how the edge profiles match perfectly. Every lump and bump. Wild how these guys don't bother to add one single thing to make it different in some way.

I don't get it why people do that. yes money is not easy to earn but I mean... there are so many ways to do your own work...
if you are chosing to be in the prop business, doing your own props is so much fun and so rewarding, why just steal other people work...
I'm sorry about what happened to you Landron!

Sucks. Bought from a Friends frame from the guy awhile back. Had no idea he was a recaster.
I won’t buy from him in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to hear that your hard work has been cheaply copied:devil: I hope the scumbag will not sell anything to anyone anymore(n)(n)

Just for the record... contrary to the common saying, "thievery is the most sincere form of flattery"... NO! In fact it shows you're a talentless, shameless scumbag. In this case, some clown (unfortunately my namesake) in Valencia, Spain, who purchased a Siva Linga Stone replica from me, very soon after proceeded to take it upon his own authority and poor judgment to make a mold of my work and sell copies of it on his Etsy store filled with quite possibly other recast work not his own. He also has an eBay and Amazon account under the same name selling the same stuff.

The guy is not very bright as it didn't take a detective to find out the seller is the same guy who I sold my Sankara Stone to just a month ago. He really wasted no time to claim my sculpt as his own and crank out resin copies like it's his solemn duty.

His real name is Alberto Cerezo Ledesma and lives in Valencia, Spain. His storefronts all over the internet (Etsy, eBay, Amazon, etc.) are all named LaRetrotienda.

His LinkedIn page:

View attachment 1554395

View attachment 1554396

View attachment 1554397

The simple audacity of this guy just confounds my comprehension. His profile page boasts "unique and hand-made gifts". If by "hand-made" he took 5 minutes to hand-mix some silicone and cast someone else's hard work and make bootleg copies at a profit, then, I guess it's sort of true. Funny thing is he's charging way more for his inferior copies than I do for mine!

I had already sent him a surprise message on his Etsy page saying "Did you think I wouldn't notice what you did with the stone I sold you recently? Do me a favor and destroy any molds you made of it and stop selling copies of my work." And I also emailed him directly. No response of course. Yet. But very soon he'll realize he's messed with the wrong guy.

For all my followers, fans of my work, fellow makers here in the community, and loyal customers who've supported my hobby and hard work throughout the years, please spread the word on this seller, report him to Ebay, Etsy, Amazon, etc., and make him famous on every message board you can. I think a little public shaming should be enough to make someone think twice before thinking they can get away with thievery.

Also, to my fellow makers, PLEASE take the time to peruse through his offerings on his Etsy page and make sure he hasn't stolen one of YOUR pieces as well!

Did you inform Etsy it's your work? Only thing with that I think you have to show a copyright

His LinkedIn page:

View attachment 1554395

View attachment 1554396

View attachment 1554397

When you search that stone his is the top of the google search page so he's selling a lot of them.
I would start an Etsy store and put your items up and at the end of the listing add something about don't be fooled by knock offs of your work .

Ebay and Etsy are havens for guys like this because they can hide behind the fact that technically what we do as prop makers is in a gray area. That's said I hope he's stopped.
Right that’s my concern as he when complains to Etsy or Ebay they say ” show us a copyright “ At the very least he can get his original creation up and can let the public know he’s the original maker and give them a choice to buy from him and not a Grifter .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back