Recast Alert - Blade Runner Badges

I think this is also your design, on etsy in the uk. Seller called mansionmanor;
C593DBB6-2781-4048-8D1A-7560DE3E72E9.png

Hi guys, hope this is ok, first time i have messaged but thought I'd let you know. In my search for k badge and deckard badge and fb convos on propsummit i have discovered that on ebay uk the seller jrichie324_0 is selling cold cast badges for k, joshi, and Gordons design lapd building badge as well as k id badge. I am now interested in buying them all and asked in the propsummit fb group if anybody knows the identity of the seller so that we could both save buy not selling/buying through ebay. I was given this link for this thread and i am now asking if this is a recast of Gordons work. Please advise. Are these legit?

Hi guys, hope this is ok, first time i have messaged but thought I'd let you know. In my search for k badge and deckard badge and fb convos on propsummit i have discovered that on ebay uk the seller jrichie324_0 is selling cold cast badges for k, joshi, and Gordons design lapd building badge as well as k id badge. I am now interested in buying them all and asked in the propsummit fb group if anybody knows the identity of the seller so that we could both save buy not selling/buying through ebay. I was given this link for this thread and i am now asking if this is a recast of Gordons work. Please advise. Are these legit?
All 3 of the badges he has listed are recasts of Gordon's work. Gordon is based in the US, not Basingstoke, and this scammer is knocking out his recasts for less than half the cost of a geniune one shipped to the UK (being recasts, the details are noticably softer than the genuine ones from Gordon). It looks like he sold quite a few badges to people going to the recent Secret Cinema event too, looking at his feedback.

Let Gordon report him to ebay and do right by him and buy the geniune articles.

I thought this might be the case hence im here reporting it. But i thought i would better check as it could be an authorised uk distributer for Gordon, i dont know im fairly new here and didnt want to step on any toes, im also a bit saddened that my first post is reporting the sale of somebodies interlectual property without their permission.

Gordon how much would these badges be from you and how much to ship to the UK?

I thought this might be the case hence im here reporting it. But i thought i would better check as it could be an authorised uk distributer for Gordon, i dont know im fairly new here and didnt want to step on any toes, im also a bit saddened that my first post is reporting the sale of somebodies interlectual property without their permission.

Gordon how much would these badges be from you and how much to ship to the UK?

All of his badges are listed in the first few threads here, along with international shipping prices.

https://www.therpf.com/search.php?searchid=3197480

Thanks for minding the store fellas!!

And if you ever see anyone selling multiple copies of my badges, they are not resellers and are most likely recasters.

-GG

Hi there,

A friend of mine is having some trouble with this same recaster.

A while ago, my friend @Atlante313 from Atlante Props bought an original production made Dredd Badge and a Dredd Belt Buckle. He also bought an original mold from an Eye of Râ from the Stargate movie (it was a piece of Râ's pyramid). He made casts from these 3 and is now selling them.

Now, it seems that this recaster is selling them too and as we know that my friend sold him only one cast of each, if he offers more than that it seems obvious that he made molds of them.
We know the Badge is the same as there is a small flaw in the R, a bubble in the mold which produced a tiny ball of resin at the same place.
We know that the Eye of Râ is the same because there is only one mold and it's in my friend's workshop.
We know that the buckle is the same because the UK buyer is the same and he bought a belt buckle too...

What can we do ? Should we contact Etsy and Ebay ?

Atlante Cast (Badge) // Recast Ebay // Recast Etsy

Atlante Cast (Buckle) // Recast Ebay // Recast Etsy

Atlante Cast (Eye of Râ) // Recast Ebay

Recaster IDs :

On Ebay

He is now :
-citty99
-huchtom2012

He was :
-gordenj67
-gjackson2013UK
-nissan19733 (can’t find it anymore did he change this one too ?)

On Etsy

He is now :
-UKTiffin from user tiffenr

He was :
-mansionmanor from user jacki (doesn't sell for now)

-Why is it on here ?

We are a community of makers, we support and help each other (not only the ones selling or buying on the RPF). The first thing to remember here is that the recaster is still recasting things from other makers, I think that's something the community would want to know.

The second thing is a search for help, we hope that this community will support and help us the same way we (and everyone here) do continuously.

-If he has not made them then he shouldn't complain.

First, you should know that if this debate starts and get out of control here, this thread may be closed by mods, it would be a shame as it's interesting to share here other recasts from this same recaster.

Now, about what is ok for this community (which means the majority of us, even if there are of course a few people who doesn't agree) well... to buy an original prop or an original mold from the production and then make copies is ok. That's how you have the opportunity to get a replica of an original prop from a movie, which makes everyone happy and if you don't make 1000 copies then most of the time the companies are ok with that. That's a gray area regarding the law though, that we all agree. Actually GG making a replica is also in a gray area regaring the law, it's already a copyright infringement.
If GG agrees with me (thanks for that by the way :thumbsup) it's not because of it's own problem with the recaster, but because he knows all of that.

Take a bit of time to search for recast threads on this forum, everything has already been said, every possibility about what is copied by who for what purpose... that may help you to understand a bit more about this matter.

You may even find out that I once recasted a prop (stargate chevron V) that was also made from an original prop, so exactly the same situation here except I was the recaster (boo, shame on me) I didn't know at that time what was a recast, that was the first I made actually, so I destroyed my mold to show that I learnt the lesson and everyone was happy with that.
Actually I just noticed GG was part of this thread too haha and Moviefreak too... damned, now I'm blushing... :$
Alan Castillo stated there about making a copy from an orignal prop or mold : "It is following the honor amongst thieves code for the casting of original props." and if you doesn't agree "your view is not the RPF 'spirit'".

Hope this helps.

why don't you just search for raptor claws on both platforms,and look,no brainer to me..

the guy ho sold me blade runner badges was

ebay,,jrichi

J Ritchie
reemantle close
basingstoke

not Stephen Pickersgill

Last edited:

He is back at recasting, the eye of ra and dredd belt buckle are the prop he was doing recast last time, those are the same pics than before he was advertising

Edit : he even copy-paste the etsy description from my store

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back