Recast Alert - Blade Runner Badges

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Gordon Gekko, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It has been brought to my attention that Ebay users gordenj67 and nissan19733

both out of the UK are selling recasts of my Blade Runner K and Deckard badges.

How do I know they are recast? Just by the numbers alone, they have to be recast. No individual in the UK has bought enough.

Beyond that, they are the wrong color cold cast, you can clearly see where they have just molded the laser engraved KD6-3.7 and the fact that every tiny flaw and defect is matched on both badges. And the fact, that the Deckard badge is wholly my own creation.

I have sent them messages asking to take the sales on ebay down. If any of my fellow RPF'ers have any info on the two user names, please let me know.

To the member here that purchased these from me and has now recast them. I will be going through each of my sales to the UK and If I find your identity, I will get you banned from the RPF.

There aren't that many sales to the UK that wouldn't make it worth my time to come after you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  2. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just a little info, gordenj67 had an older ID in his history of gjackson2013UK. So when searching your records, you might look for Gorden Jackson, based upon combining portions of his two ID names.

George likes this.
  3. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

This is why we can't have nice things. :(

4. Scoped Evil

Scoped Evil Jr Member

This really sucks and I'm very sorry to hear this has happened :(

I'm one of your UK buyers but please discount me from your investigation, I have yet to receive mine. (Do you know how long roughly delivery is to the UK?)

5. Moviefreak

OH, did you only sell here or did you sell through Facebook page as well? That will help in searching names.

6. itsgreg

itsgreg Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Pretty sure I saw these for sale on etsy too.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

7. Gordon Gekko

Only here. I have a pretty good idea of who it is. I guess I need to contact the mods to see what the level of proof needed is around here these days.

- - - Updated - - -

I was alerted to the Esty seller as well. Thanks.

George and itsgreg like this.
  8. Moviefreak

:thumbsup

Do you think they are supplying the item to BOTH eBay accounts, or is this two different individuals?

9. PropReplicator2

PropReplicator2 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

As a vendor, maker, and prop enthusiast, I can safely say that there is a special place in hell for recasters. The fact that you can steal someone else's hard work, and live with yourself is sad all around. On that note, see if you connect the email address on his/her eBay account to their email on here. That should help a lot. I hope you get this all sorted out brother sorry to hear about this! Keep us updated!

10. C0mmand3rC0dy

C0mmand3rC0dy Sr Member

Best of luck, I hope karma bites them in the rear.

George likes this.
  11. Gordon Gekko

Same wrong color, so I'm pretty sure same recasting *-hat. nissan19733 did pull his auction.

If all you RPF'ers want to ask gordenj67 an unusually large amount of inane questions about his listing, please do!:lol

mgb969 likes this.
  12. Moviefreak

Hopefully you have narrowed down the culprit and Mods will be swift in banning.

George likes this.
  13. Gordon Gekko

:thumbsup

14. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

sorry to hear about this, absolutely aggravating to say the least. make sure you let us know who the culprit is once you've identified them so we can all publicly shame them! :lol

15. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What happened to you taking a break from the RPF? :lol

PropReplicator2 likes this.
  16. PropReplicator2

I did buddy I needed to clear my mind from a bit.. now I'm back. You know you missed me ;) . Actually, now that your quoting my posts I am working on a sandman gun. Thought about you when I lit a cigarette :p

17. warvanov

warvanov Member

It looks like the nissan19733 auction(s) were taken down, but the gordenj67 ones are still up.

If you need any more evidence that the K badges are recasts of your original designs, just look at how they replicate the (minor) imperfections of your design. At the edge of the badge in the starburst pattern there are three ridges on the left, while on the right there is a smooth curve. It's hardly noticeable unless you have the badge in your hand, but that exact feature is present on both the original and the reproduction.

18. Birdie

Birdie Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Don't want to give the d-bag any money, but should any member have purchased one of these without realising it was a recast, they should be able to get the seller's details through Ebay 'find contact details'

19. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Pulled the trigger on these when I was tired a few nights back, thinking they were Gordon Gekko's. Realised the next morning that they were the wrong colour and that the genuine Gordon isn't based in the UK. Will purchase the original article in due course!

Gordon Gekko likes this.
  20. Gordon Gekko

Just to further Birdie's excellent suggestion, if there are any UK members who unwittingly purchased from his Ebay auction and can provide me proof of his contact details, I will send you a badge for your help.

Just to be clear, I am only looking for the info so I have solid proof to get this *-hat banned from the RPF.

-GG

21. xl97

xl97 Sr Member

Go get 'em tiger!

I hope you find out who they are! (spit)

22. MattgomeryBurns

MattgomeryBurns Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Done and done :thumbsup

23. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

I wish I was in the UK.
    I'd buy specifically to help catch the thief.

24. RPF Staff

RPF Staff Legendary Member

That is no longer needed.

Fly4v likes this.
  25. Gordon Gekko

Twas stevebeal6767. Now banned. Thank you mods and many thanks to the members who helped quickly track down this *.

Provided for information purposes only so no one else sells to this puke:

Stephen Pickersgill: Stevepic70000@aol.com (was originally steve7000 banned on here, see the mastermind at work?) 124 park road barnsley s.yorkshire S70 1QP United Kingdom

Do not sell anything to this moron.

I will have an additional email and address shortly.

-GG

Sheeple, RacerMachX, mgb969 and 4 others like this.
  26. Mr Webber

Mr Webber Sr Member

Good job.

27. Moviefreak

Hmmm... and he still has it listed on eBay. Guess he feels no remorse.

28. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

Clean victory for the home team... well... except for him still being on ebay.

29. PropReplicator2

Glad you got him bud!! People like those are not to be allowed on these forms full of hard working prop makers trying to do their thing!

Mike

30. mgb969

mgb969 Active Member

As I've said before about myself I joined the RPF following a long search for the best BR Blaster I could find and not only did I do so, I found this phenomenal community of fans and artists.
    I am constantly blown away by the skill, talent and imagination of so many people that it ******* me off that a number of ***** think it fine to exploit the artistry of others whose talent they will never possess.
    To the true artists keep on keeping on! I would rather pay for the real thing than put a penny in the pockets of one of these *******!

31. mgb969

mgb969 Active Member

As of 13:00 today UK time both items have "Ended".

Gordon Gekko likes this.
  32. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Update on my purchase of the 2 badges from "gordenj67". Instead of the 2 badges (which I'd already started the return process on following the posts above), this arrived!

IMG_3595 (1).jpg

So, one badge missing in action and the badge that did arrive isn't the one listed.

And people ask why I'm considering leaving this hobby...

***EDIT*** The seller refunded my payment which, to be fair, is honourable. They'd earlier proactively refunded an overpayment on postage. Whilst recasting can't be condoned, I doff my cap at the seller's handling of this transaction.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  33. joberg

joberg Master Member

Victory all the way!! Good for you Gordon Gekko and good on the RPF staff to have banned that #$%^&^&**:angry

34. Gordon Gekko

Asshat is back on EBay using andy6699uk user name. Much appreciated it my fellow RPF'ers could bombard him with endless questions or just report him.

-GG

35. ssdesigner

ssdesigner Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Reported him to Ebay and sent him a PM.

His response:

36. Stefan Jones

Stefan Jones Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

37. joberg

joberg Master Member

Thanks for the FYI:)

38. Gordon Gekko

The "other" guy on EBay offering all 4 badges is indeed me! You can get them cheaper here though.

-GG

39. Moviefreak

So let us break this down......

They claim that they have bought a bunch from GG either on ebay for $35 (Shipped) a piece, or through the RPF at a cost of $25.00 plus $6.00 shipping ($31.00 shipped).

They claim they "bought a bunch of these to resell", and by resell, they mean listing them for $26.58 plus $12.46 in shipping, for a total sale price of $39.04.

$39.04 - $0.30 (eBay seller insertion fee) leaves them $38.74. Now.... subtract $3.12 in final value fees (8% ebay standard fee).... then subtract the PayPal standard 2.9% ($1.17). This leaves them a final pocket amount of $34.45.

So if they bought from GG on ebay, their sales plan was to flip them for a 55 cent loss on each? Or if they bought through the RPF, they are going through all the trouble to resell for a whopping $3.45 on each badge?

Needless to say I do NOT BUY that they went this route.

KID Q and Gordon Gekko like this.
  40. DaveChaos

DaveChaos Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ahh this guy stung me too... I have been trying to compile some info on him and found this post during my search. I have the same name of Stephen Pickergill using an eBay account andy6699uk.

41. userd1402

userd1402 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think this is also your design, on etsy in the uk. Seller called mansionmanor;
    C593DBB6-2781-4048-8D1A-7560DE3E72E9.png

42. Gordon Gekko

Yep, Etsy shut him down briefly but the reinstated him and said i basically have to take him to court to stop him. So F' Etsy.

Shataan likes this.
  43. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

That is just sad.

44. xl97

xl97 Sr Member

This is so common now a days.. I cant stand that cop out.

45. Helixios

Helixios New Member

Glad to hear you got the guy - scummy thing to do re-appropriating someone else's work!

46. joberg

joberg Master Member

Well, Etsy is off my list for sure...what a lame excuse:angry

Strikerkc likes this.
  47. Fodder

Fodder New Member

Hi guys, hope this is ok, first time i have messaged but thought I'd let you know. In my search for k badge and deckard badge and fb convos on propsummit i have discovered that on ebay uk the seller jrichie324_0 is selling cold cast badges for k, joshi, and Gordons design lapd building badge as well as k id badge. I am now interested in buying them all and asked in the propsummit fb group if anybody knows the identity of the seller so that we could both save buy not selling/buying through ebay. I was given this link for this thread and i am now asking if this is a recast of Gordons work. Please advise. Are these legit?

48. buzby

buzby Active Member

All 3 of the badges he has listed are recasts of Gordon's work. Gordon is based in the US, not Basingstoke, and this scammer is knocking out his recasts for less than half the cost of a geniune one shipped to the UK (being recasts, the details are noticably softer than the genuine ones from Gordon). It looks like he sold quite a few badges to people going to the recent Secret Cinema event too, looking at his feedback.

Let Gordon report him to ebay and do right by him and buy the geniune articles.

49. Fodder

Fodder New Member

I thought this might be the case hence im here reporting it. But i thought i would better check as it could be an authorised uk distributer for Gordon, i dont know im fairly new here and didnt want to step on any toes, im also a bit saddened that my first post is reporting the sale of somebodies interlectual property without their permission.

Gordon how much would these badges be from you and how much to ship to the UK?

50. Slash-5

Slash-5 Well-Known Member

All of his badges are listed in the first few threads here, along with international shipping prices.

https://www.therpf.com/search.php?searchid=3197480