REALLY Fine Molds....REALLY!

Gawd, you'd need a microscope just to see it.

It's a meh design. We'd probably not hate it if it came from some franchise that hadn't previously had such wonderful designs.

I'm sure there are plenty of EU ships that could be turned into kits as opposed to this sickly specimen of a ship.

I know it's never going to happen, but I don't see why they can't tool a 1/350th Blockade Runner, price it for 25,000¥, and sell it all the live long day.

Double dip, Hasegawa style, with some alternate sprues and release it as the ROTJ version.

Then, they can triple dip and offer it as that stupid Ep.III bastardized version.

Boom, Yummy!

Aaaaaand Jason nails it. Or a Sandcrawler. Or an Executor. We could list stuff all day.

Geeze I hate that thing from Ep. III. It's not Leia's ship. As long as I live, I'll never cease to bore the crap out of people by pointing out that you can't rebuild it into Leia's ship.

Not one square millimetre of the hull is the same shape. Someone will inevitably dive in here citing real-world rebuilds where warships have been cut in half and lengthened but in this case you would have to literally saw it apart along every possible datum line and then reshape the hull plating to fit new bulkheads and frames, to boot. It's got OVAL cross-sections! (And why would you WANT the Blockade Runner to once have been fitted out with pimp lights anyway?!) :lol

According to Cinefex the FX team thought they were designing a homage to SW. A ship from the same shipyard, in the service of the same planet, with a similar design. They didn't expect the marketing team to eagerly take it up and promote it as being the ACTUAL Tantive IV.

Stupid miscalculation. Should have been the obvious risk.

End rant. :)

I am not a huge fine molds fan any way ........to many parts and I am
very lazy when it comes to building models. I opened up the 1/48 Snow speeder and then closed the top, thing is tiny with way to many parts I got scared. So i opened up the old MPC one and felt much more comfortable.:lol

We all think because we are all here that Sci/fi is huge but
it's tiny compared to cars, armor, planes...... that makes
getting the subject matter you might want more difficult
if not impossible.But hey you never know.....keep complaining
maybe someone is listening?You guys always list things you
want and it never works, so maybe you should list things
you don't want and maybe you will get the subjects you desire.:lol
Like maybe ask for a Gungan sub and you will get a really
cool SSD or a Sand Crawler or a Tyderium Shutle!:lol That
might be the key because this is not working......you got
a Naboo fighter.:lol:thumbsdown

Aaaaaand Jason nails it. Or a Sandcrawler. Or an Executor. We could list stuff all day.

Geeze I hate that thing from Ep. III. It's not Leia's ship. As long as I live, I'll never cease to bore the crap out of people by pointing out that you can't rebuild it into Leia's ship.

Not one square millimetre of the hull is the same shape. Someone will inevitably dive in here citing real-world rebuilds where warships have been cut in half and lengthened but in this case you would have to literally saw it apart along every possible datum line and then reshape the hull plating to fit new bulkheads and frames, to boot. It's got OVAL cross-sections! (And why would you WANT the Blockade Runner to once have been fitted out with pimp lights anyway?!) :lol

According to Cinefex the FX team thought they were designing a homage to SW. A ship from the same shipyard, in the service of the same planet, with a similar design. They didn't expect the marketing team to eagerly take it up and promote it as being the ACTUAL Tantive IV.

Stupid miscalculation. Should have been the obvious risk.

End rant. :)

Nwereke, could you please tell us how you really feel without beating around the bush?????

:lol

Yeah i dont have my own kids so i spoil them, built Callaway race cars for years, so theres probably going to be some mods to a vette.

Al
Oh Snap Al! that is cool while I was in the ARMY I sent my portfolio to the Art Center college of design in Pasadena to study transportataion design I was accepted it was 1987 and I drove to Cali from Alaska with my wife and Dog "Trooper" and knew no one there and school was $25,000 a year there, my financial aid was not done so having no job or a place to stay the cash was running out so we had to abort mission and head back east. I found out Chip Foose studied there the same time I was supposed to:cry.

Here is the thing I realize the Japanese modeling community is huge, but there are so many other awesome ships.

Hell if it HAD to be an EP I ship why not the Maul's Sith Infiltrator. At least that had some kind of character and coolness associated with it.

You know what this means right? Next we will get the droid fighter to go with it........SIGH

This is just terribly disappointing.

I am not a huge fine molds fan any way ........to many parts and I am
very lazy when it comes to building models. I opened up the 1/48 Snow speeder and then closed the top, thing is tiny with way to many parts I got scared. So i opened up the old MPC one and felt much more comfortable.:lol

We all think because we are all here that Sci/fi is huge but
it's tiny compared to cars, armor, planes...... that makes
getting the subject matter you might want more difficult
if not impossible.But hey you never know.....keep complaining
maybe someone is listening?You guys always list things you
want and it never works, so maybe you should list things
you don't want and maybe you will get the subjects you desire.:lol
Like maybe ask for a Gungan sub and you will get a really
cool SSD or a Sand Crawler or a Tyderium Shutle!:lol That
might be the key because this is not working......you got
a Naboo fighter.:lol:thumbsdown

I actually wouldn't mind a Fine Molds Gungan Sub, so maybe we'll actually get one since people keep asking for SSD, Sand Crawler, and Tyderium Shuttle lol

Its the "hero" ship from EPI int he theaers now...

Its the one they had to do.

as for choice... the AMT version is not all that bad so why would I go here?

I really like the fine molds stuff its very nice - with the obvious screw-ups so my beloved falcon aside - they make great models.

But I ain't gettin' this one until I see it REALLY cheap.

Jedi Dade

i wish they would make a little larger models myself, they make nice stuff, just to small for me.
You are so right I bought the Jedi starfighter with the Hyperdrive ring, opened it, examined it and put it up on Ebay Lol don't get me wrong the kit is super detailed for the size but if I have to use tweezers for such tiny parts I had to pass.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back