Realistic Prosthetic Beard (strap on)???

FOAMCL

Hi,

This is the short version of why I am asking this: I have a terrible face (to point it affected my life, never left house)... I managed to hide it well with a full beard and hair (now ok to leave the house)... I now have really bad dermatitis and only option that might help is to shave all hair off... so then I will be back to square 1... I want to get a prosthetic beard (and hair) that I can wear in public that is close to my natural beard look... I can't use the glue on ones because that would be bad for my skin... I need a strap on one... But it needs to look realistic

Do you think its possible to make a realistic prosthetic beard that is a strap on and not glue on? All the ones available are only complete novelty items and obviously look incredibly fake (especially around the cheek area). This is the only picture that I have found that looks decent (mostly talking about the cheek area, as that is what always looks too fake on the novelty ones as you can see on the bottom pic). Of course, the strap around the ear would be hidden because i'd also wear a wig that hides it.

How can this be done? I don't know anything about making this sort of stuff. Can anyone here make one if I pay them (it would have to be complete a complete custom, so a very important job and obviously good pay)? Or any tips on how to make one (so I can try and commission someone else to make one, maybe the tips will help them make it)

fake beard.jpg

fake beard 2.jpg

Attachments

• fake beard 2.jpg
    fake beard 2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 289
There is a wonderful company in Kentucky that do custom wigs and beards called The Custom Wig Company. You can contact them on FB. They make their wigs and beards from scratch based off of tracing of your head and face that you send them. They do a wonderful job and they could probably help you.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back