Unlimited Run Real Metal Doctor Strange Kamar Taj Sling Ring and Kaecilius's Ring

zenix

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My Kaecilius ring!
23f8a29fcf83e4980b6f31d4bd3d609c.jpg
38c1788f5e633555371cb503de995883.jpg
857b38eeadce5526754b896c34079460.jpg

Screen used:
df070dfb3ae8d3149616dc5a6a3aa10a.jpg

benny.PNGgrab.JPGuntitled.16.jpguntitled.17.jpg

I just got back from the IMAX 3D screening of Doctor Strange and I just have to have the ring! I'm finishing up modeling it now. I can produce this in four ways:

1. 3D printed directly in metal, tumbled, roughly polished, and then gold plated. This produces a rough somewhat pitted surface. - printed metal $90 $59.99 https://www.shapeways.com/product/6LZ5S6KJ8/doctor-strange-sling-ring-kamar-taj-version
  2. 3D printed in smooth white plastic, made from nylon powder fused with a laser, and then tumbled. paint it golden yourself. - printed plastic $25 https://www.shapeways.com/product/6LZ5S6KJ8/doctor-strange-sling-ring-kamar-taj-version
  3. It'll be 3D printed in wax and then I will make a silicone mold if it. From that mold, I'll cast injected wax models. I'll then cast those in metal, most likely bronze. They'll then be put through a tumbler, and polished. This will make a much smoother surface than the directly 3D printed option - cast bronze $99

The top surface of the ring given to Doctor Strange and the other people at Kamar-Taj has just a rough surface with hardly any details on top.

I'll be making all three rings, hopefully all in cast metal if there's interest. I need at least 5 people interested to make the cast bronze options 3/4 viable, for each ring. I'd really like to make this happen because this is the version I'd like for myself.

Small, medium, and large Kamar-Taj rings:
http://shpws.me/MZ5a $25-75 depending on options and size

kaecilius gold.PNG

Small, medium, and large Kaecilius rings: $35-$85 depending on options and size
http://shpws.me/MZ7U
textured good.PNG

Interest in Cast Bronze:

benny.PNG

grab.JPG

untitled.16.jpg

untitled.17.jpg

kaecilius sketch.PNG

kaecilius gold.PNG

textured good.PNG

23f8a29fcf83e4980b6f31d4bd3d609c.jpg

38c1788f5e633555371cb503de995883.jpg

857b38eeadce5526754b896c34079460.jpg

df070dfb3ae8d3149616dc5a6a3aa10a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Real Metal Doctor Strange Sling Ring and Kaecilius's Ring

I think I'd be in for the second option, the 3D-printed plastic one, for Kaecilius! :)

I'd like a Kamar-Taj without the visible print lines or the bronze cast.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like either a Kamar-Taj without the visible print lines or the bronze cast one,

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd love to pick up a metal one, any chance of a version with the surface details on the top?

I'd love to pick up a metal one, any chance of a version with the surface details on the top?

Well, on the Kamar-Taj novice one, there isn't much on the top. I'm working on the Ancient One's ring, Doctor Strange's ring, and Kaecilius's ring now. They all have more details.

There were a few different designs for the training version. The two circles on them are little raised bumps and the most common version on the tray appears to have an 'eye' looking symbol as well as the hammered look to the top, but the one Strange picks up being the most detailed with an intricate pattern on it.
Obviously no bly-ray to get clear shots from yet, but I have a few images if they'd be of any help?

Well, on the Kamar-Taj novice one, there isn't much on the top. I'm working on the Ancient One's ring, Doctor Strange's ring, and Kaecilius's ring now. They all have more details.

Post what you've got.... I've got some really high res pics of the detailed doctor strange one from comic con

Ya, I have these pics. I've added the texture to the model, and I agree, the bumps are raised, not holes, so I added that too:

textured.PNG'

a little more muted, and finished the center detail:
CPDIQ0W.png

I'm happy with this Kamar-Taj version and am going to call it complete.

Attachments

• textured2.PNG
    textured2.PNG
    427 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

put me down for...we already discussed ;)

Looks great :thumbsup - I'll be ordering option 1 for sure. How do we order at the $59.99 price?

It's showing at £58.95 GBP to me :unsure
shapeways charges more in the UK because of the conversion I guess. it shows as 59.99 USD for US buyers.

edit: it says it is 49.12 GBP when I check... without shipping.

Last edited:

I ordered, but can confirm it was £58.95 + £9.34 shipping when ordered from the UK. Can't say I've experienced a price difference between countries before, but still happy to have ordered it.

shapeways charges more in the UK because of the conversion I guess. it shows as 59.99 USD for US buyers.

edit: it says it is 49.12 GBP when I check... without shipping.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back