Real life true to movie blaster bolt effects

I still want to know why there isn't anything like this out there. We have battalions working on costumes, props, movie accurate everything, just for the love of it. This isn't a very hard problem. Lots of people could do it. Tazman2000 certainly could. He obiously understands electronics. You would think there would be something.

Why isn't anyone building flying led blaster bolts?

I have NO IDEA what that is, BUT.......

I LIKE IT.PNG

I still want to know why there isn't anything like this out there. We have battalions working on costumes, props, movie accurate everything, just for the love of it. This isn't a very hard problem. Lots of people could do it. Tazman2000 certainly could. He obiously understands electronics. You would think there would be something.
Do be careful with your idea; try to record everything you do! Someone with the funds could start something similar and laugh all the way to the bank. I know; we have this convo/ideas being discussed here...but stillo_O;)

Once you have this working, I'd really like to know how you did it in the hopes that I could adapt the idea into a "flare" launched by an astrodroid. (I embrace the idea that Artoo's "lightsabre launcher" is a flare launcher, and while it would be easy enough to fling a foam "flare" into the sky, I'd love to have one that lit up. But my skills end with "turn on the flare before putting it in the launcher" and that's just a waste of batteries.

How does it fare in daylight?
decent in the day but not crazy flashy bright( if you buy the good quality ones) . Really bright at night. We used to use them when I was in the military.

I guess unless its a powerful LED , daylight will always be an issue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back