Real historic fertility idol!

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Historically precolombian artifact inspired finish, on a Relicmaker idol.
I will sand down, make special finish, and put antique glass eyes on it.
First picture is idol , eyes removed, before I burnt it to remove all paint and plating.
It's already very different now, I started removing the orbital tool lines, to get a hand finish, I use a stone.
Second picture is original eyes and the antique eyes, smaller iris pupil, better color, will be more accurate.
Third picture is side by side (photo from Relicmaker)
Last picture is precolombian gold artifact for the reference.
img_1286-jpg.jpg

img_1292-png.png

idolherosxs-jpg.jpg

proxy-image-4.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm really interested to see how this turns out!

After a discussion a different thread, I wanted to make a ceramic version of the idol. I did make one, but I need to revisit the project and make a new one fixing the mistakes and things I'm not happy with.

Just in case you don't have the scale; the Colombian artefact you've linked is quite small and these type of figures (thought to represent a shaman) are typically under 10 cm high.

How it looks, after burning, sandpaper work, blisters removed, except one in eyebrow, I will have to drill and fill with copper.
Of course, lots to do on it, first sandblasting, and paperwork, some grinding here and there, to clean any left machine work, then, sandblasting again, rough polish using steel wool, gold plating, burning, soft polishing, and put the eyes.
Second picture, eye quick attempt, very good, seems originaleyes should be very similar in size and color.
IMG_1296.JPG
138825096_3589319901152842_3294853801068478031_n.jpg

Last edited:
Historically precolombian artifact inspired finish, on a Relicmaker idol.
I will sand down, make special finish, and put antique glass eyes on it.
First picture is idol , eyes removed, before I burnt it to remove all paint and plating.
It's already very different now, I started removing the orbital tool lines, to get a hand finish, I use a stone.
Second picture is original eyes and the antique eyes, smaller iris pupil, better color, will be more accurate.
Third picture is side by side (photo from Relicmaker)
Last picture is precolombian gold artifact for the reference.

View attachment 1410892

Very nice!

Did you make the antique eyes or find them? Are they available somewhere?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back