Real helicopter or prop?

WOw ?.

I can´t believe this to be a real helicopter, although I am not a heli buff, I haven´t seen one with a turbine for horizontal stabilization.

And the rotor blades seem kind of fat and stubby ?.

Awesome design, btw, I can´t put my finger on it, but I can remember a movie that had a helicopter in it that was able to go into jet mode.

Michael

<div class='quotetop'>(Kris @ Jun 29 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1270559[/snapback]</div>
It looks real, but the air intake looks like it's made of fiberglass (it cracked), so I think, prop.
[/b]

I think it's the hybrid jet/chopper from the Arnie film "6th day".

<div class='quotetop'>(ManfromNaboo @ Jun 29 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]1270563[/snapback]</div>
WOw ?.

I can´t believe this to be a real helicopter, although I am not a heli buff, I haven´t seen one with a turbine for horizontal stabilization.

And the rotor blades seem kind of fat and stubby ?.

Awesome design, btw, I can´t put my finger on it, but I can remember a movie that had a helicopter in it that was able to go into jet mode.

Michael
[/b]
The Arnold film the 6th day? the wispercraft?

i knew what it was right off the bat, but couldnt remember the name of the movie.

and deffinately forgot it was called a whispercraft.

awesome design, and they were even radio controlled.

i gotta go down to re-pet now and get another dog. :p

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Jun 29 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1270819[/snapback]</div>
i knew what it was right off the bat, but couldnt remember the name of the movie.

and deffinately forgot it was called a whispercraft.

awesome design, and they were even radio controlled.

i gotta go down to re-pet now and get another dog. :p
[/b]

Hey, while you're out could you pick up a print cartridge for me? :lol

I saw the cracks in the intake as well but the real give away is the scortch makes onthe intake.
Paint chips yes, Scortch marks no on intakes.
Why Paint Chip you say....Poor Little Birdy's.

Did they just leave that in the airplane graveard to rot away? what a waster...

Can you take it home for free if you have a big enough place to keep it or do you have to pay someone something for it? :confused

(Did they just leave that in the airplane graveyard to rot away?)

I'm guessing they're letting it die.
It was parked next to a hanger out in the open
maybe a half mile from the graveyard.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back