REAL 9MM Sterling for 400.00$

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by saberforge, Dec 6, 2011.

1. saberforge

saberforge Member

2. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

Cut the barrel and go to jail for creating a short barreled rifle. To cut the barrel you need to pay a $200 tax and get BATF approval.

Centerfire has them also for $400 but not sure if they have free shipping. I have been eyeing one of these also. Not sure if id rather get a Century Arms like you posted or a Wise Lite mfg. like in the link below. I wish they would just register some of them as pistols and remove the stock. Then we could have short barrels without a fuss.

Sterling 9mm Sporter Rifle Part #RIFLE-STERLING

3. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

Hmmn. Bud's is in Lexington, KY. I only live 25 mins away. Hmmmn.

4. Black Knight

Black Knight New Member

I was just about to type the same thing about the tax stamp. You saved my finger! LOL

5. TazMan2000

TazMan2000 Sr Member

I would assume you want to make it a non-firing replica. Look into your local laws and see what needs to be done in order to legally deactivate this firearm. Once it is deactivated, I would assume you could shorten the barrel or do anything you want to it, since it is no longer considered a firearm.

TazMan2000

6. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

First you need to satisfy federal law. Write a letter to the BATF and ask what is require to deactivate it. Don't call them because you will want to have their answer in writing. Then hope they don't change their mind later on.

7. bitfi3nd

bitfi3nd Member

ATF requirements for "deactivation" would require the receiver to be destroyed.

You'd be better off buying a kit and using a solid false receiver.

8. TazMan2000

TazMan2000 Sr Member

Cast a copy of the receiver, paint it silver and comply with the regulations.
    You won't find a real Sterling for any less. Truly they do make the best replica E-11s.

TazMan2000