Ready Player One - Visor - Scanner - Van - Etc - Reference Photos

Mechanized

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone make the vr visor yet?

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator
Wade’s is available of shapeways in two parts but it’s a little pricey. I’m busy with a Han build so I haven’t gotten around to getting it.

zsherman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Damn that is SO EXPENSIVE for a 3D print. Sad.

...and, frankly, I can’t stand 3D prints that are t “finished.@ meaning filled and sanded. I don’t understand the “scan lines” or “pint lines” from lowrez prints is okay to SELL to people? This looks like a simple vacuum formed shell. No?

ProtocolThree

...and, frankly, I can’t stand 3D prints that are t “finished.@ meaning filled and sanded. I don’t understand the “scan lines” or “pint lines” from lowrez prints is okay to SELL to people? This looks like a simple vacuum formed shell. No?

Agreed. The amount of work for the price is ridiculous. Albeit those parts are SLA/SLS printed, so they are far smoother than FDM prints. Think Professional vs amateur.

zsherman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Agreed. The amount of work for the price is ridiculous. Albeit those parts are SLA/SLS printed, so they are far smoother than FDM prints. Think Professional vs amateur.
Still. He does say something like “with 3D texture” of something. I’m just not a fan.

Morcurious1

its also very inaccurate to the real thing, for instance the front has a curve that he did not model or the back black piece

zsherman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’m a little shocked no one’s done this yet. Screen accuracy for this shouldn’t be too hard, I’d think.