Re: Spiderman costume and face plate assistance (newbie here)

sparrowspider

Hello - i'm very new to costumes and the world of cosplay, though i've been a huge comic book fan and have always admired the art and skill of costume/prop making/dressing and character embodiment!

I recently got a spiderman costume (as I didn't have the skill to make one) but it didn't come with eye lenses or a faceplate. I'm a big fan for the bigger white lens classic spiderman - so after some research I found that you can buy a faceplate with magnetic eyes - but by goodness they are expensive.

By chance does anyone have any tips on where to buy one second hand?

Or possibly - can I make something like this? I bought a toy mask to wear under the fabric of the mask - if I made some lenses - would fabric glue be ok to secure possible lenses to the mask?

Apologies to all who may get asked this alot - but i'm a newbie, and would love the assistance of very passionate costumers :)

Thankyou for any possible assistance!

I would say, from experience, to buy a plain spider-man mask that you can find in target or walmart, specifically iron spider being that it doesn't have any webbing on the mask itself, and buy some rare-earth magnets from amazon, and buy some lenses from tjack. Attach magnets to the iron spider-mask and the lenses. Hope this helps.

If you look at my suit progress, I used the toy mask method for my faceshell. Check it out if you wanna see how it turned out. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back