Re-Master: 1/100 Matsumoto 14 [Robot Jox] Scratch Build - Soon in 3D!

The little details are amazing! (y)

You are rebuilding some parts with the new references, now you're being 100% faithful to the original model?

Working on internal chest parts & closing up the upper torso.
MATSUMOTO_14_WAIST_FLIGHT_ASSY_14.JPG

MATSUMOTO_14_WAIST_FLIGHT_ASSY_15.JPG
MATSUMOTO_14_WAIST_FLIGHT_ASSY_16.JPG

It looks great the paint scheme (y)
One of the things I like about the models, are the dozens of small decals that decorate them, although I believe that the restored model has lost many of them.

It looks great the paint scheme (y)
One of the things I like about the models, are the dozens of small decals that decorate them, although I believe that the restored model has lost many of them.

Thanks! :D
I was not aware of the missing decals, I'm pretty much fixated on the sculpt/geometry for now.

I just watched Robot Jox again for the first time in years. I forgot how much I absolutely love that movie. I got curious if anyone had done any 3D modeling and after a quick search came across your work. Very cool and nice attention to detail it all looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing more updates.

I just watched Robot Jox again for the first time in years. I forgot how much I absolutely love that movie. I got curious if anyone had done any 3D modeling and after a quick search came across your work. Very cool and nice attention to detail it all looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing more updates.

Thanks! Glad you like it! Detail work is pretty slow, but hopefully I'll have an update soon.

Wow! came looking for a decent 3D model and this does not disappoint! Is the model available for download at all (in whatever condition its at) as I'd like to have a play about with articulating it for animation maybe and doing some 3D renders of it. I've started building one myself in LW but its slow going as there's not a lot of clean reference material I can find. You have seemingly nailed it by the looks of things! :)

Wow! came looking for a decent 3D model and this does not disappoint! Is the model available for download at all (in whatever condition its at) as I'd like to have a play about with articulating it for animation maybe and doing some 3D renders of it. I've started building one myself in LW but its slow going as there's not a lot of clean reference material I can find. You have seemingly nailed it by the looks of things! :)
Thanks!
Sorry, but the model isn't available for distribution (2nd party agreement). Although, I can provide turnaround renders for reference.
The proportions are pretty much dialed-in, but the surface details are still rough, with a good amount of missing detail (this guy has a ton!).
Other details like rivets, and greeblies on the fingers were deleted for fast rendering.

Totally understand. yeah some top/front/sides would be awesome (even untextured) just to see what I'm missing. Sat trying to suss out the aerospace module from the Ron Cobb drawings and I just can't see how its curved and integrated into the upper chassis. But anything you can add would be great.

Totally understand. yeah some top/front/sides would be awesome (even untextured) just to see what I'm missing. Sat trying to suss out the aerospace module from the Ron Cobb drawings and I just can't see how its curved and integrated into the upper chassis. But anything you can add would be great.
Cool. Based on the puppets, it looks like they scrapped the aerospace module in favor of the flight mode.

I managed to do some quick renders for the turnaround, plus a few close up shots.
MATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_70.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_71.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_72.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_73.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_74.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_75.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_76.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_77.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_78.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_79.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_80.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_81.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_82.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_83.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_84.JPGMATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_85.JPG

There are a few off-model details due to the nature of the intended end-product. It's meant to be an action figure. :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back