Re-Master: 1/100 Matsumoto 14 [Robot Jox] Scratch Build - Soon in 3D!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Zuiun

Sr Member
Re: Finished: 1/100 Matsumoto 14 [Robot Jox] Scratch Build

Wow! This looks really great!

I think it was around the same time that I discovered Robot Jox, Crash and Burn, and Arena.... and I have an unreasonable love for all three.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jake88

Sr Member

Loved that movie and love your builds! Really really cool!

armamentfactory

Yeah, the back area still reamins history...

Rocketbobs is making 3D model?

I think I found a shot with a tiny hint of detail there, but it's not much.
Oh, I meant I'm making the 3D model. :p It's already got the 3D armature, time to model the rest of it! I'm also going to correct a few things while I'm at it.

Wow! This looks really great!

I think it was around the same time that I discovered Robot Jox, Crash and Burn, and Arena.... and I have an unreasonable love for all three.

Thanks! This movie's one of my earliest sci-fi memories too - can't beat the classics. :D

Loved that movie and love your builds! Really really cool!

Thanks! It's gonna be even cooler if it could transform!

armamentfactory

The new leg segments are starting to take shape.

MATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_20.JPG

armamentfactory

Hi, great scratch build! Really incredible!

Could you please make a photo from above of that unlucky part which do not have any clear shot in the film? I mean the part between rocket boosters. I am trying to create my very own 3D model, but not for 3D printing but as a paper model :)

Thank you

PS: I have recently found these photos of Alexander's robot - http://www.thepropgallery.com/alexander-robot-miniature

Thanks!

Here's the area in question. Apparently, there's a big segment that's just empty.
fQjZaTU.jpg ofXY5nW.jpg

The cylinder shape at the back stops at the base of the booster mounts. Apart from that, I have no idea what it's supposed to look like.
RobotJox199014_zpsa2bb7705.jpg Robot-Jox-Original-Achilles-Robot-Shoulder-Section-5.jpg

Great job on the 3D model! looks like we're working on opposite ends of the 'bot!

I stumbled across that page with the Kobalevsky 42 when I was researching for the Matsumoto 14 - I think it'll be a while before I take on another 'bot. :lol

Nice job!!

I will work on the shoulders today :D

Sweet! Show us your progress!

armamentfactory

The lower leg section's almost done! Corrected tread pattern & adjusted clearances for the heel pads.
MATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_26.JPG MATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_28.JPG

Attachments

• MATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_28.JPG
    MATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_28.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 243

armamentfactory

Thank you!!

Started a new thread so you can find any progress there ;)
Awesome!

So this is where things slow down: "Transformation Math".

Far as I can figure, there's no way to get a screen accurate-looking triple-changer.
It's either flight mode or tank mode - I wanted both, so a couple of compromises were made. :p (full reveal on project completion)

MATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_31.JPG

I also simplified a few details so it's FDM print-friendly. (No rivet detail)

armamentfactory

The new mechanism should be a lot more durable & less fiddly (in theory).
The space between the leg strut & treads is pretty tight!
MATSUMOTO_14_FRAME_ASSY_32.JPG
Also, minor detail adjustments in a few places.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.