Re-make of "Dune"

Aquaman AKA Duncan ? They should animate this , and just use actors voices..or not do it ..looks like they are now just filling it with stars, not actors ..

Mmmm I just read it. Not sure about Momoa as Idaho, I always imagined him more like a samurai, smooth and sharp but super-skilled, not really a buffed guy. At least it’s not Jai Courtney.

Rest of the cast is excellent and we have a release date for 2020 November.

depends if he's going to go for toned vs giant and ripped. wouldn't be the first time we've seen actors overhaul their frame for a movie. plus, the "Paul" actor is so young looking, having Momoa be another skilled warrior in the ranks is fine. he doesn't need to be middle aged to pull off the "older experienced fighter" look.

Way it's going I can see tom hardy getting a part in this..if that happens, I'm going back in time to make Frank Herbert not write it ! ! Talk about lazy casting ..

Way it's going I can see tom hardy getting a part in this..if that happens, I'm going back in time to make Frank Herbert not write it ! ! Talk about lazy casting ..

Dude, calm yourself. folks have been fawning all over the cast, until ONE actor has seemed a little out of place, and all of a sudden you're on the war path. #1, I've got news, there is no way to cram Dune into even a 3 hour movie, so all you're gonna ever get is an "Inspired by" or "based on" type of flick, so getting your knickers in a knot this early on is unwarranted. #2 go remind yourself what Momoa looked like in Conan and his baywatch run. He was not the same pile of muscles on muscles his most recent roles called for, he looked like a fit soldier; and without that beard and long hair, he's a very different looking guy. Until you even know what look they're gonna have him shoot for, just chill.

Last edited:
Not just Jason ( by the way nothing personal against him ) but also Brolin ? Dune is very hard to film, but let's not go through this usual processes of casting the wrong people.. I don't have knickers, and nothing puts me in a knot, so no problems there ..

depends if he's going to go for toned vs giant and ripped. wouldn't be the first time we've seen actors overhaul their frame for a movie. plus, the "Paul" actor is so young looking, having Momoa be another skilled warrior in the ranks is fine. he doesn't need to be middle aged to pull off the "older experienced fighter" look.

You are right. I take it back about Jason. I had a look at more than a few different shots of him in film and real life, away from the Aquaman / Conan/ Karl Drogo roles and he could pass muster as Duncan (without the bulk and the beard) The problem for me is he made such a big impression in Aquaman, its going to be slightly harder to shift the focus off the role, but he has that lady/killer vibe and the character role isn't really that extensive until you get into the other two books sequels.
I just hope the new "Dune" gets some recognition beyond an already aging fanbase, its a classic in the very truest sense of the word,and its a really dense story that is hard to translate successfully to the screen. I rejoiced to hear that it was being remade by DV, but its a huge difficult project to manage.

Your right it's tough..that's why we want the right actors, I think as far as comic books go you can't do them live action..as for the novel Dune I am thinking the same way..I don't want to see it and have to think about the actor and not the character..

Your right it's tough..that's why we want the right actors, I think as far as comic books go you can't do them live action..as for the novel Dune I am thinking the same way..I don't want to see it and have to think about the actor and not the character..
Can't do them (comic books) live be action?

Do you even MCU bro?

No..loved comics as a kid but not MCU..Best comic movie the Incredibles..I think Dune would be good animated in the right way ( not mo-cap )

Can't do them (comic books) live be action?

Do you even MCU bro?

He's just decided that anything that doesn't fit his fan fiction and head Canon doesn't count. Apparently also doesn't understand that old animated movies were based on observations of real world movements and actions... you know, the debit thing motion capture does.

Why not answer instead of saying he..I am well versed in animation history and modern techniques..I just don't want Dune to be like most other movies , we have had a raft of under par films in recent years..my opinion is strong , but that's as it should be .. you have a different view and that's fine,, I don't know what head canon is apart from bad English & fan fiction is not relevant in this conversation..let's hope it's good no matter what..Oh, and as for observations, as a professional artist I depend on them ! !

Last edited:
Just had another look at the cast and its better than I thought..my girlfriend met Jason M once , said he's a nice guy, but can he do Duncan? I hope it's good..I'm not even a big Duneite, I think the 80s movie was good with lots of ideas..I even liked the navigator & guild ..I couldn't get in to 2049 , but I'm told he's a good director..

Think Laurence fishburne would be a good emperor..jonathan rhys meyers,for feyd & anson mount in there someplace ..be nice if Bob ringwood came back to do the stillsuits, I think they looked good in the original movie..I think they would tweek them, but he did,after all design the batsuit 89, I'm no batman fan, but he gave it a great look ..

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back