Re-Building MPC Vincent kit

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by leyrich, Jul 24, 2015.

1. leyrich

leyrich Well-Known Member

Welcome all Black Hole fans and collectors alike

I found him on ebay and he is in bad shape but not for long $_57.jpg

DSC00217.JPG DSC00221.JPG DSC00218.JPG DSC00219.JPG DSC00220.JPG vincent2.jpg H3257-L450619481.jpg H3257-L45061949.jpg vincent.jpg

I am not sure how I will do the top cap yet ?? :confused

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. Tawny

Tawny New Member

Hey leyrich call me I need to talk to you, this is Sis. When did you buy the bot? Anyways call me!!

3. leyrich

I bought him last week on ebay, he is still in pieces, but I will have him together soon.

4. Simple

Simple Well-Known Member

Cool.
    Are you missing the "hat" completely?

C

5. leyrich

Yes it missing I will have to scratch build it.:(

thanks

leyrich :D

6. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

The contour on the kit part is incorrect anyway; this will give you the opportunity to correct that. :D

7. leyrich

What I got cleaned up and primer DSC00224.JPG DSC00225.JPG DSC00228.JPG DSC00229.JPG DSC00230.JPG DSC00231.JPG ;)

8. Sym-Cha

Sym-Cha Master Member

Hi ... depending on the size of the figure ... you could try a 'found piece' to start scratching the top further ... such as a medicine bottle cap or any plastic cap with the basic size and or basic shape and then add magic sculpt or any 2 part epoxy on top of that to finish to finally reach the correct shape :)

Chaim

9. leyrich

Heads up $_57.jpg DSC00218.JPG DSC00233.JPG DSC00236.JPG DSC00243.JPG DSC00245.JPG
    I fixes up the top of the head

Thanks for looking

Leyrich

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  10. Tawny

Tawny New Member

I am not sure if its just the images, but in the first image the dome (head) looks a bit more clear than it does in the other images. It could also be the lighting in your house that is making it look more solid. However, he is looking good so far. Great Job leyrich!

11. RKS

RKS Active Member

One of my favourite SF-films. I'll be following this thread with great interest. I bought an unbuilt kit in the 90s for quite some money as twas them days before ebay. Ironically with ebays new shipping "service", it has become so damned expensive that buying the old fashioned way might be less expensive.

12. Rahn420

Rahn420 Active Member

I have the 'hat' (and other parts), if you're interested.

100_0637_zpszbyuicn7.jpg

13. leyrich

A light test DSC00247.JPG so what do you thank .

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Randy13 likes this.
  14. leyrich

Hi all well I went with my top for Vincent head the one that came with this kit look funny to me so I mead one from a PVC 2in cap. DSC00257.JPG DSC00267.JPG DSC00269.JPG DSC00271.JPG Thank you for looking :D

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    Vacformedhero likes this.
  15. oslm

oslm Active Member

Your rebuild is coming along nicely -- I like that you are also doing the lasers in the acrylic and with your lights it will look perfect.

vincent color guide.gif

Here is a copy of a paint color guide for you -- I think this is what they used when they made the mindstyle versions a few years ago.

Later

Oslm

16. leyrich

Thanks for the paint guide yea the lasers will look cool when lite up.:thumbsup

17. RKS

RKS Active Member

Looking great.
    Now for the next level: drill out the center of the eyes inside the rim, some very thin smoked acrylic, and behind that many superfine strands of photo-optic fiber connected to red flickering LEDs and you have V.I.N.C.E.N.T. show that he is sending E.S.P.-messages to Dr. Kate: "Get out of there at once. You're in mortal danger! Dr. Reinhard is dangerously insane".

leyrich likes this.
  18. Tawny

Tawny New Member

Vincent is looking good leyrich! Keep up the awesome work. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Something tells me we will be going on a little road trip for paint for Vincent LOL.

leyrich likes this.
  19. leyrich

More head shot DSC00274.JPG DSC00275.JPG DSC00276.JPG DSC00280.JPG DSC00273.JPG DSC00278.JPG thanks for the comments and keep them coming

Vacformedhero likes this.
  20. leyrich

My E.S.P tells me esp.jpg you might be right .lol :D

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  21. leyrich

Hi all I need a good tip on how to animate Vincent Monitor. 001.jpg .:unsure

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  22. Tawny

Tawny New Member

Maybe a LCD video key chain or something similar.

23. Tawny

Tawny New Member

24. RKS

RKS Active Member

From what I can remember from the film, that light trail was just a trail of lights fixed in that zizag pattern. You can simulate that by doing the same: drill out holes in the zigzag pattern (use that image for a guide) and drill holes along it (again using the picture as a guide. Back the holes with either LEDS or indirectly by fiber optics. Then it's IC & programming-time. A basic "runway light" "guiding you in" lighting pattern for one light should do the trick.

25. TazMan2000

TazMan2000 Sr Member

For a quick way, but my no means screen accurate, you can get a flashing LED and put it behind a piece of painted scribed plastic.

TazMan2000